We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

albufeira market question

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
albufeira market question

Hi I have been following forums and read a post on next market in albufeira being on Tue 18th as they are 1st and 3rd tuesdays, then, I read on the cottage resturant page that its on a monday, can someone confirm please as mondays dont suit with flights, also and most importantly what time do the stalls start trading as like to get in and out early.

thanks in advance

shazza

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: albufeira market question

I think maybe you have misread it. Have another look. Albufeira market days are 1st and 3rd Tuesdays. The traders start setting up really early so go along first thing in the morning.

Have a great time in Albufeira!

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: albufeira market question

there are half day trips for sale in ticket shops around Albufeira for half day trips on wednesdays to Loule market which is a proper market not just for tourists its a facinating trip for about 15 euros return from Albufeira

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,493 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: albufeira market question

It's half that price by the ordinary bus if you are near the Albufeira bus station for the bus to Loulé.

Loulé has an excellent indoor market in the town centre as well.

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: albufeira market question

thanks for the advice we might try loule as some of our party are arriving on the tuesday as well,

in relation to really early, that may differ from person to person!!

My idea of really early is 06:00-07:00 whereas my hubbys idea of really early is 09:00- 10:00 ( that's a lay in!lol) whats the market traders idea of early?? ;-)

we are not IN albufeira but in st eulalia direction, so not sure which would be handier,

thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: albufeira market question

Santa Eulalia is one of the never surburbs of Albufeira, so the market in Albufeira is closest to you but about a 50 minute walk or 5 minutes in a Taxi. A Taxi to anywhere in Albufeira works out at less than €5

As far as I recall the traders start setting up their stalls between 8 - 9am, with trading generally starting around 9 am

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: albufeira market question

shazza

HA HA. Agree I am an "early morning person" as well even on holiday. Up with the lark. Happy shopping anyway!

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: albufeira market question

Thanks folks,

albuferia market it is couple hours should cover it then back in time for others arriving at 11:30, job done,

I like this albuferia forum quick and informative replies, ta

And happy shopping 2 of my fav words, 3rd beng wine!! ;/) cheers all.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: albufeira market question

One word of warning beware of pickpockets, keep your belongings safe, there are always opportunists around and don't buy anything from the folks that walk round offering you watches, cameras, jewellery, cigs etc they are no good. If you are driving there make sure you park in a designated parking spot,( lots of free ones around) and not on the roadway otherwise you may be clamped by the police.

Edited: 11 September 2012, 22:45
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,493 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: albufeira market question

Albufeira market is next to the main bus station so anyone on or near a bus route (eg Santa Eulalia) can take a bus there and back instead of driving if they wish.

10. Re: albufeira market question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira