We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls help

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Pls help

Never been before(just back from Rhodes) be honest how lively is it?whats a good hotel ? Is it worth going A/I ? How much for drinks beer/spirts? What's the beaches like ? We are 2 couples around 5

So many questions but honestly know nothing about this country

Many thanks

England
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls help

My experience is limited but........

there seen to be clubs and music bars in albufeira

Our hotel (alfagar) couple of miles east of old town was nice

I prefer not going AI as we don't drink much and prefer to eat at different

places

Drinks are cheap enough

Beaches are excellent

Trawl thru the other posts and read ones which relate to you. You'll soon get an overview.

UK
Level Contributor
412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls help

This is the Algarve, not Greece. We love both. Albufeira has alot to offer for all ages When are you thinking of staying and where?. Forget

A/I . It is sooo cheap to eat out (compared to most Greek islands).

Give more details and the DE's will gladly give u the best information on this great place we call our second home (Anaxos,Lesvos being our 1st!!)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls help

I understand it's Portugal not Greece , hence the questions ?

The place I looked at is called praya de rocha I think ?

Edited: 16 September 2012, 20:09
UK
Level Contributor
412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls help

Sorry, not stayed at Praia Da Rocha. Only Albufeira. You will get better answers to your questions if you went on their site. Good luck.

The Algarve is great, and has alot to offer for families/couples/groups.

If u love beaches, they are the best.

Going again this October for a week, for a break and it really is a place for everyone. Depends on what you want of course.

Just ask the questions on the Praia Da Rocha site,they will give u good advice.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls help

Cheers

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls help

Do NOT go A/I in the Algarve - it is absolutely not worth it here. You will get second rate service, plastic glasses and limited menus. There are hundreds of bars and cafes which will give you much more value for money.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pls help

All inclusive is great if you like eating lukewarm or cold food, queuing up like school kids for inedible food, people pushing and acting like they have never seen food before. Screaming kids whose parents couldn't care less what they were doing. There are so many nice places to eat and drink that don't cost the earth, plus you get decent food and a friendly environment. I know many people who've paid for AI and ended up paying to eat elsewhere.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pls help

I m with you entirely smellyderby. Went A I once, never, ever again. Regards stevie

9. Re: Pls help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira