We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire question?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire question?

Can anyone recommend a hire company that will allow a pick up in Albufeira and drop off at Faro airport?

I got a great quote from Masterkings for a 2 day hire, but they want 20 euros to drop off at hotel in Albufeira and it would make more sense to use transfers.

Problem is return flight is not until late evening and I don't want to hang around the resort all day and would rather pop around a few villages etc on the last day.

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire question?

Cant answer specifically but most will charge a premium for a different drop off point. Only a thought but - if here for a week or less out of season might pay to hire the car for the duration at Faro airport when arriving. I had friends who came for a week and wanted to hire a car for 3 days in the middle of the holiday - she said it would have been no more expensive to hire for a week at the time she booked the flight - and would have saved on airport transfers.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire question?

Auto jardin have a rental outlet in albufeira and a depot on the road leading upto the airport, they may be worth a try.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire question?

Thanks, ziitauto were fairly reasonable and an option for a 2 day hire.

I really only want it for 1 day, but agree a full week could be better value.

I might just stay in the resort and hope the CPO have decent and safe luggage rooms!

I'll try Auto Jardin.

GALE
Level Contributor
141 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire question?

The car hire company we normally use is PANDA CARS in Albufiera

Their details are as follows

TEL 00 351 289 513 057

FAX 00 351 289 586 667

Email Pandacars_rent@sapo.pt

Email pandacar_rent@sapo.pt

Their website is www.portugal-info.net/pandacars

Panda cars are a medium size local company and seem to give best prices they meet you at airport and also have an office in Albufiera

UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire question?

Hi,

I always use www.portugal-cars.com you choose where you want collect and return the car. Nice guys!

Cheers!

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire question?

Some are wanting 60 euros for 2 days, think I'll just use transfers.

I would have booked Masterkings if they didn't charge that 20 euros for delivery. Shame they don't have a local office!

Dublin
Level Contributor
786 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire question?

Zitauto, are based in car park 4 at the airport and also have an office near the Strip in Albufeira. You can pick the car up at the airport and drop it back in Albufeira or visa versa and drive to Spain, both at no extra cost as their insurance covers Spain, unlike other company who charge extra for driving in Spain. There are currently offering 5 days for the price of 3.

The pick up and drop off service is particularly useful to those who may not want a car for the whole of their holiday or stay and you also save on transfer costs to and from the airport, which can cost anyhing between €25 - €35 each way for a private transfer, depending on numbers and the driver, or €40 - €50 if you use a taxi

8. Re: Car hire question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:15