We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Topic
Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Will the Indian and Chinese restaurants be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Albufeira? Not bothered about having a traditional Christmas dinner, just a nice meal and a few drinks!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,285 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Just about everything is closed on Christmas Eve from about 6pm and that includes restaurants and bars. Christmas Eve is when Portuguese families get together for their big meal followed by Mass at midnight.

I know of nowhere that will be definitely be open during the evening of the 24th.

I am not 100% certain but I tnink Ali Baba chinese on Avenida 25 de Abril in the old town will be open Christmas Day. I don't know of any Indian place that might be. One I would have suggested has posted a notice on their front door saying they are closed for the winter until 1st February.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,285 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

In the light of your other post, it would possibly be an idea to go into town at lunchtime on the 24th and that way you can find out at first hand if anyone is going to be open on the 25th.

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Hi Cubsur, Yes that is what I was thinking, when we arrive on the 24th we'll go straight out and see whats happening. Would you happen to know if the Bravo restaurant is open Christmas Eve/Christmas Day?

And as you're very knowledgeable :-) would you happen to know if there is car parking available near the Rocamar Hotel? Thanks

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Sorry Cubsur, I've just seen your reply re Bravo, thanks!!!

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

I think Bombay Palace is open all year round, including Christmas Eve. It is located between the Worms Roundabout and The Strip.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,285 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

"is car parking available near the Rocamar Hotel"

Rocamar does not have a car park. There are a few spaces in the street outside which are usually occupied, but in the next street up there is an official free parking area on waste ground around the ruined Mansão (mansion house).

The street is called Rua de Dr Diogo Leote and the parking area is no more than 50 metres from the Rocamar.

There are other free street parking spaces just around the corner in Ria 1 Dezembro but these too are usually occupied by residents.

Check out the locations on this map, click the streets and roads button to get the names displayed.

http://www.albufeira.com/map/city/

Rua Dr Diogo Leote is a one way street north to south. The parking area is where it curves round at the bottom end, the Rocamar is opposite by the steps. Rua 1 Dezembro is one way in the opposite direction.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 30 November 2012, 09:10
Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Thanks cubsur, thats really helpful, we were thinking about hiring a car just for a couple of days, 26 and 27 December to get out and about during the day.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Big Shanghai is definitely open on 25th. Dunno how close that is to Rocamar though. Sorry.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,285 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

Big Shanghai is across town near the 'strip',, maybe a mile and half from Rocamar

10. Re: Indian and Chinese Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:15