We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is the new town

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
where is the new town

hey was wondering if someone could tell me where the new town is in relation tot he old one. So where to stay if i wanted to go to the new town, walking distance but also be near a beach?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is the new town

New town is approx 2kms East of old town, approx 20/25mins walk depending on whereabouts you are staying. You could look at Paraiso De Albufeira, or Fort Do Vale, SolAqua, which are situated between the old and new town, but they are not near the beach. If you wanted to stay in the old town and be near or facing the beach look at Sol E Mar (directly on the old town beach) & Rocomar (overlooking the old town beach) .

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is the new town

Whoops forgot this map courtesy of Cubsur, too late to edit my last post

Hopefully you find it useful on where's where.

www.algarvebus.info/images/roundabouts.jpg

The Sol E Mar is situated in the vicinity of where it say old town beach on Map and Rocamar is marked near beach lift.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 12:24
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,885 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is the new town

Here's my picture map.

New part of town on the right, old part at the bottom left.

www.algarvebus.info/images/roundabouts.jpg

There are local buses every half hour every day connecting all parts plus a tourist ´train´that does a circuit connecting old and new towns via Forte do Vale.

Colchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where is the new town

Thank you! Big help!!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is the new town

Ruby C you wont go wrong with the Forte do Vale. Good location, slightly nearer to ' new town' than ' Old Town' Up the road from the beach.

6. Re: where is the new town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira