We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisa Sol

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Brisa Sol

Hi looking at Brisa Sol at the moment for last week july1st in Aug. Have 5 year old and 1 year old, is there a kids club and is it close to old town/strip?

Is it reccomended??

THanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisa Sol

Brisa Sol situated on the approach downhill to the old town, approx 10 mins walk. Ideal position close to big shopping centre & supermarkets and bars/cafes, not sure about kids entertainment though as never stayed there. This is their website, maybe could be info on there. http://www.hotelbrisasol.com/ maybe other member can comment who have stayed there. Have a look at this map courtesy of Cubsur, Brisa Sol is situated just left of where Continente/Modelo is highlighted www.algarvebus.info/images/roundabouts.jpg

Edited: 27 January 2013, 22:30
ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisa Sol

Thanks for this...my search has taken me to Forte Do Vale do you know this one??

Iv been to Vilamoura but not Albufeira so Im lost at present ...

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisa Sol

Re Fort do Vale, there are many excellent reviews about this place. As you can see off the map link posted earlier Its situated between the old and new town, relatively new built modern complex and ideal for visiting both areas. the tourist train stops right outside the place on the roundabout http://turistrem.com/en/index.htm

Goodtotravel tripadvisor member stays here regular so maybe she will post comments regarding same.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisa Sol

Yes I have stayed at FDV many times and love it. Its situated between the old town and the Strip. I just dont know whether it would be suitable for a 5 yr old and 1 year old as apart from a small outdoor pool theres nothing much else to occupy the kids. Theres no grassy area round the pool where they can play - its all concrete whereas nearby Paraiso Albufeira has a spacious outdoor pool, indoor pool, and a big grassy area suitable for kids to play and run around. Also there is an indoor playroom.

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisa Sol

Thanks so much for your response. I have looked at this hotel and have also been looking at the Vila Gale Cerro do you know this one and do you think it would be suitable?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisa Sol

Karen this is the Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa website

www.vilagale.co.uk/pages/hoteis/?hotel=5

it does say on the website they have

Outdoor pool for adults and children

Games room

Children’s Playground

Nep Kids Club

Garden

Health Club (includes: heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, treatments and massages)

Its situated next door to the Brisa Sol.

Maybe someone can comment who has stayed there.

ireland
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisa Sol

I think I read somewhere that the playground would be closed for 2013 in Vila Gale Cerro. Can't for life of me think where.

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisa Sol

Thanks a lot for your help decided to go with Vila gale carro so let's hope its as good an experience as our hol was last year in Vila moura -:)

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisa Sol

Karen may I ask which hotel you are basing your good experience in Vilamoura on? It may help other people who have same dilema.

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisa Sol

We stayed in Vila gale marina but had access to Vila gale ampalius. The pool was nicer in the ampalius and much more space for the kids. Kids club poor in marina but plenty of space for kids to play as pool was to chest of 4 year old and went in circle so kids played all day at ease. Beds hard to get in marina early risers with towels but no problem in ampalius. Lovely restaurant and kids welcome on marina.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira
Recent Conversations