We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help

belfast
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need help

Hi, We are meant to be staying in hotel aldeia in a couple of weeks on a stag do, but the hen do only back and said the hotel had scaffold around it and there was construction going on????

can anyone shed some light on this please???

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help

Ring up the operator you booked with or the hotel itself the scaffolding might be for painting etc.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help

Probably repairing balconies which were slated on bbc last year. Will look when down there later

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help

That was the 'hotel from hell' mentioned on BBC recently. Mattresses filthy and disgusting and that was just the good bit. ;-0

I'm not surprised with the scaffolding, maybe there to stop you falling off the balconies. lol ;-)

At least they seem to be making an effort.

Good luck though.

belfast
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: need help

im really worried now lol

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help

change htl asap

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need help

Try for Vilanova, situated just at rear of mid strip its only self catering though, no website at mo its under maintenance but T/A reviews: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d2643… or Ouratlantico just off the bottom (beach end) of the strip. http://www.ouratlantico.com/?ac=lang&lg=en Good Luck!!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
99 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help

I have just come back from albufeira. When i walked passed here didnt look much going on. Didnt look open and there was red & white tape to the front of hotel. Didnt see any work outside getting done.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help

Quote: 'Didnt look open and there was red & white tape to the front of hotel. Didnt see any work outside getting done.'

Hopefully it's closed and Sean will get the option of a better hotel. The balcony rails were dreadful and the hotel should have been closed earlier for health and safety issues until the hotel was brought up to a suitable standard.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help

No sign of any building works on the front/roadside. Maybe different on the poolside. The hotel was closed over the winter and I heard they were addressing the faults which have been mentioned. I hope they can be open and with everything having been done - would be a shame to lose a hotel and the associated jobs.

belfast
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: need help

thanks everyone for your help

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira