We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brisa sol or forte do vale?

high peak
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
brisa sol or forte do vale?

hi, thinking of going to albufeira next year with my wife. just started looking at accomodation and at the moment we seem quite split on either the brisa sol or forte do vale. wondering if anyone can recommend either one of these over the other. thanks in advance.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

both appear very good. I have stayed at the forte do vale christmas/new year 2011 and was excellent. About 15 minutes from old town and strip. Have looked in Brisa Sol and looks good and is next door to a large supermarket and across from quite a few restaurants. So we are going to try Brisa Sol next year for a change as for me more convenient to old town and restaurants and supermarkets. Is slightly more expensive than forte do vale especially if book a pool view but to me worth it. Many people would also argue for forte do vale but both very good.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

Hard call !! Stayed in both, But have opted for Forte do Vale since it has been open, It's more modern but as Christine185 mentioned a bit more around the Brisa sol. A pool view room is a must at the Brisa sol. And would recommend a high level Old Town view room at the FDV. Hope that helps. You won't go wrong in either!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

My vote is for Forte do Vale. Just read the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

agree with liverpool man re rooms when we were at forte do vale had to change rooms after one night and moved to top floor rooms beginning with 4 as orginally floor down and when some people arrived and were above us noise was terrible banging about so would recommend if stay here request top floor via the hotels email as I requested via travel republic but took no notice but did take note if you emailed hotel directly. The receptionist at forte do vale told me this. Hope this makes sense!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,489 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

does anyone have the e-mail address for the forte do vale, thanks

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

To the original poster, ......one of our regular posters is there now ...Goodtotravel and going to report back with some contact details, if not I am there in a few weeks and will report contact details unless someone comes up with the info before hand. It would be handy though to have the upto date tel number and e mail.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

yes liverpoolman I am here just now. Thecottage posted correct contact details very recently on the forum if the original poster could look back. I will be doing a review when I get back. Having a brilliant time at FDV but those barking dogs. Grrrr!!! . By the way the weather is fab at the moment.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

Flipin Heck Goodtotravel that was quick!! Hope you are enjoying your stay. I take it you are in a old town view room! I remember a few dogs in a villa across the road. To the original poster look up cottages forum history and that will direct you to his past posts/replies.

Cheers Goodtotravel hope all is well there and the weather is fine we are there from the 20th May.

North West England...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

Contact details for Forte Do Vale as follows

Tel. 00351 289 597 400

Email geral@fortedovale.com

Been here for 1 week with 3 weeks to go, this is our 4th stay here, weather about 28c at the moment and the wifi works in most of the rooms now.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: brisa sol or forte do vale?

Goodtotravel and emarkcwirral, you have earned yourselves a drink, enjoy your stay! we are over in May for nearly a month, splitting Albufeira ( FDV) with Vilamoura,