We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
Save Topic
gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Heading here for a week in the middle of May for the first time. Gay guy and straight female friend. Have Googled it and quite unclear if there are any gay bars or if they are closed now. We don't really mind where we go as always have a good time wherever we are.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Send me your email by private message and I'll pass to a friend who'll email you a list. I know a couple of names but not sure where they are or if open and friend will know for sure.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Rainbow Bar, above the row of shops outside Vilanova Resort was popular with the gay community, don`t know if its still open though. Anyhow I think gay or straight you will be welcome in all bars. Enjoy yourself

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Oh thanks I will do not sure how I send you a private message though

Edited: 16 April 2013, 09:43
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

click my name next to this post and then find option to send message. Friends 'son' does drag shows and she'll help you out.

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Many thanks have done. I was trying to use my phone before and didn't have this option

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Hi. Could you do the same for me possibly? I'm the only gay guy out of a group of 10 and wouldn't mind some male company lol email is subtlechris@yahoo.co.uk

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Chris, my friend will sent you details.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

I believe Henny's Bar is is always one to go, it's on the strip on Avenida Sa Carneiro, more or less opposite the entrance to the Vilanova resort. We always pop in every time we stay in Albufeira and the bar is always busy but with a friendly atmosphere with all age groups!! Hope you enjoy your stay.

London NW10
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

Hi, I'm staying at the Almar Resort from 22 to 28 November and looking for some Gay places to visit, can you assist?

Many Thnx Dave

Albufeira, Portugal
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: gay/gay friendly bars or clubs

I would like to know some places too

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira