We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dukinfield, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Hi all,

My family and i have booked a package deal to Albufiera in August with jet2.

I read somewhere that you have to check-in online and print your baording cards off at home, or they will charge you £17.50pp at the airport to check in.

Never travelled with Jet2 before and was wondering if this is true. Also do they charge a fee to check-in online?

Any more info on Jet2 check-in procedures would be very helpful.

Thanks.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

just look at faq on their site all details there

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Have travelled lots of times with Jet 2 and had never had to pay for check in at the airport. We usually travel from Glasgow so don't know if it varies airport to airport. Can't see much advantage with checking in online as the queues for baggage drop are often longer than the check in queue and you can book seats in advance too - I suppose if you didn't want to pay to book seats you might want online check in to avoid being split up between the last remaining seats.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

At Blackpool Airport ( Jet2) You are charged £10pp to check in online and £20pp at the airport. We always check in at the airport as there are never any queues whereas online check in queues are huge. You pay at the time of booking for either service

Dukinfield, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Thanks for your replies.

Think i might e-mail them to clarify what the correct costs are.

We're flying from Manchester.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,781 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

I've just done a mock flight only booking for August from Manchester and its showing no charges for online or airport check in, if you click either box it does not show any additional price on the righthand costing section , it also shows bags free both ways, unusual as there is normally a charge for those too. Maybe there is an offer on or customers are thin on the ground because normally they charge more for checking in at the airport as apposed to online, which under normal circumstances is shown as extra on the costing.

Think your best contacting them to make sure.

Edited: 30 April 2013, 19:38
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

We have just returned from Albufeira and our flights were with Jet2. Unfortunately I have destroyed the paperwork now our holiday is over. From memory I will say it costs £24 to check in online and £40 to check in at airport. Bags both ways for 2 of us cost £70+. I am sure the "free luggage" is your hand luggage of 10kg and its 22 kg for hold luggage.

I will add that we have used jet2 for quite a few years and have always been very happy with their service also theres good leg room on the plane.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Don't hold your breath for a reply via e mail, we had an on line check in question which the website could not answer and e mailed them, no answer! Ended up ringing the expensive customer service phone line with our question, Which obviously they want you to do. Other than that happy with the service, flight etc.

sunderland UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

We have never been charged to check in online; we have travelled with jet2 for the last 3 years or so and had no problems. I book packages through travel agents who price match web prices; and we have them check us in online and print our boarding passes for us! That is flying from Newcastle x

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,781 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

whoops GTT yes the free bags were hand luggage, senior moments lol

The last 4 flights we have had with Jet2 we have had to pay for online checkin and also airport check in depending on which you opt for, the latter being more expensive, (That's from Manchester) not sure about other airports

Just decided to do another mock booking and the previous one I did must have had a glitch with the website as it is now showing £12 per person for online check in and £20 per person for airport check in + hold baggage £36 return per person

If the OP has booked a package with Jet2 surely the costs should all be included.

Edited: 30 April 2013, 21:55
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Booked our flights on Sunday and yep we had to pay for check in - we opted for online because it was cheaper - although as I understand it we can still use the other check in to drop off our bags if we want to - but we will have already done the paperwork.

Free baggage is just hand luggage - as jayjan says it is possible that because the op booked a package costs are already included - but definitely worth checking first.