We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

Going to Albufeira for 2nd time in June hope people can recommend good places to eat in walking distance we like most types of food but not Indian last time we ate at a few places on the strip but that was a number of years ago so looking for some upto date info

Thanks Marg

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

We ate in Restaurant Martins beside the entrance to the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Hotel and Spa. Great service and value for money. Lovely sardines, sangria and kebabs, puddings and prawns for starters.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

Thanks for that Kirsteen will give that a try

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

If you fancy a bit of British food, then don't miss The Cockerel Country Kitchen and their 2 for 13.95 euro offer.

Steak pie is highly recommended. Booking advisable as they turned lots away, that's how good and popular the place is.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189112-…

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

Forgot to add, but one place I'll think I'll try next time is Eduardo's

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189112-…

Photo: qype.co.uk/place/…3915427

Slightly dearer 'tourist' menu than other places and seemed like the emphasis was on fish, but looked like a nice traditional place. The lamb shank would have been my choice. Maybe next time?

haarlem
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

we stayed at these apartments last year for 3 weeks and tried lots of nice place to eat and to be honest most of them were really good.also..the snack bar by the pool had lovely food snacks or meals...the cottage on the strip did lovely breakfasts.cockeral country kitchen was very good as was the chinese by the roundabout.the portuguese restaurant on the left hand side(walk down a slope to get to it) before the roundabout was lovely.Also when you come out the apartments walk to the left and next to the liquor store there is a little portuguese place that doesnt look like much but for me it was one of the nicest meals we had...

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

Thanks for cloggyliz some good tips did you like the apartments we have a studio cant wait

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

I would also highly recommend Restaurant Martins, great seafood and meat cooked on barbecue grill and friendly service. The prices are also very agreeable. Also Cigalo at Olhos D'Agua was very good but more pricey. The worst food I had in Albufeira was at the Royal Orchid Thai- very unauthentic.

Manchester
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

Neto opposite CPO is a good place to try and then finish off next door in the Oura bar. We also like Invictus Restaurant, been for a meal our last two wedding anniversaries in there. Wednesday night they have a pub quiz as well.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

I second Martins, Invictus & Neto restaurants, excellent places to have a meal. There are many good restaurants in that area too, Casa Velha, Beira, Paulus Pizzeria, Picanha Na Brasa, Ze do Peixe Assado (if you like fish), Rania's, Yellow Bird. all good.BTW Martins is at least a 15 mins walk from Palmeiras De St Eulalia going towards Olhos de Agua, just before Alfagar complex.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 23:48
haarlem
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good places to eat close to Palmeiras Santa Eulalia

the studio apartments are the nicest and largest we have stayed in.kitchen fully equipped with washing machine,dishwasher and even large fridge/freezer..its more like an apartment with separate bathroom and kitchen....enjoy your hols...