We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive accomodation

dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive accomodation

Hi, myself and my girlfriend want to go to Algarve on the 24th August for a week. We are 32 and 28 years old. We want to go all inclusive. We are looking for a good place to stay, with some entertainment in the accomodation at night, central enough to pubs/clubs - not too central, just a 5-10 minute taxi/walk would be fine.

Where would the you recommend? Thanks

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive accomodation

The Paraiso may suit>

Don't rely on decent hotel entertainment though!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d2866…

Central for both the Old Town and the Strip.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,461 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive accomodation

Why go all inclusive when you plan to go out to pubs and clubs? Perhaps OK if you plan to leave the hotel when all inclusive drinks are no longer being served, having spent the day not leaving the side of the pool.

All inclusive rarely makes economic sense here especially at the most expensive time of the year.

dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive accomodation

Thanks for your replies. I will check the Paraiso out :)

The plan is to use the all inclusive, food, and the drink up until 11 or 12 then head out to the pubs and clubs for an hour or two. Would it be better to eat out over there, I heard its bit expensive eating out in the algarve

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive accomodation

compared to Dublin anywhere on The algarve is a bargain some places 3 courses and a drink for 8 to 10 euros it really is very reasonable to eat and drink out

dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive accomodation

Thanks Sunndays, yeah thats true, living in dublin, anywhere is a bargain outside of here :) Thats great value 8 to 10 euros, ok im am thinking of just going self catering now, just want somewhere decent to stay and close by old town and the strip

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive accomodation

I personally wouldn't go A/I in Albufeira. Too many gems you'd miss.

Unless you are getting A/I for around £10-£15 p/n more than S/C, then avoid it. At a decent price, it'll easy cover your drinks prices during the day and provide breakfast and some meals. You could then eat out and drink outside also.

But I wouldn't pay over the odds.

Good luck.

dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive accomodation

Thanks newkid1969. Yeah the prices are coming in at between 850-950 each for all inclusive?

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive accomodation

850-950 each, how long for, and is that the complete package, flight, accommodation and transfers?

Edited: 18 May 2013, 15:38
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,461 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive accomodation

Clubs for an hour or two? They don't even get going until midnight.

Beer in a normal bar is half the Dublin price. Spoke with some Irish people this lunchtime who were, shall we say, very happy with the situation.

Why be stuck in the same place day after day, night after night, when there is so much to choose from a few minutes walk away?

dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive accomodation

For a week,ye thats all included,is that a good deal?

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira