We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book

Belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book

Hi all,

I'm hoping to book September 2013 flights to Faro. I'm just wondering when would normally be the best to book these? Ie will prices get any lower if we wait till nearer the time?

We're flying from Belfast and planning on flying around the 1st of the month.

Thanks very much for any help!

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book

We find flights are at their cheapest as soon as they become available, ( Jet 2) up to and over a year before flying

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book

You just missed a 20% off offer from Aer Lingus from Belfast City. I have just returned from Portugal and had booked my flights last July for May 2013 - they increased in price by 3 times so I would recommend booking as early as possible. Look out for Easy Jet - they might put on an offer soon fingers crossed!

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book

the way the lowcost operators work is the more seats sold the more the price increases

Belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book

That's just my luck to miss the 20% off!

Is it the norm for easyjet to also do such offers then?

Belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to book

PS I'm currently pricing around the various websites.

With the other places I book flights to, the airline website is always cheapest. Is the care with flying to Faro?

Are there any operator or other companies that manage to do them cheaper?

Thanks again

6. Re: Best time to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:19