We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocamar Hotel

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Topic
Rocamar Hotel

Have stayed in this hotel previously and would like to return for a week in September. However, I am struggling to find a package holiday or even book the hotel independently on the web. Can anyone who has stayed there recently let me know who they booked through. We used easyjet holidays last time. I'm inputting loads of different dates throughout the summer and nothing is coming up, I can't believe the hotel would be booked up right through summer? But I maybe wrong. I certainly can't find anything for months through Thomson!

Thanks in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,407 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocamar Hotel

It may well be fully booked. The tour companies usually make block bookings to keep others out.

But, I went to Alpharooms and found a week for two 8th to 15th September at the Rocamar, bed and breakfast.

Please now sit down.

The price that came up (for a two person stay) was...... £3999.68.

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocamar Hotel

No way ha ha ha ! It came up on Mercury Direct at £9,999 !! It might be nice, but not that nice! It may well have been booked out for the summer then, can you recommend any other good hotels in the old town, not too keen on the Sol E Mar as it doesn't have a pool, thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,407 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocamar Hotel

The Belver Boa Vista has a small pool but most the hotels in the old town were built when people still went to the beach for a bit of water.

If you must have a pool to sit by you will have be looking at places like Paraiso, Brisa So, Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa, Sol Aqua etc which are 10 - 15 minutes walk from the old town centre and beach.

lisburn
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocamar Hotel

have a look at reviews for almar hotel

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rocamar Hotel

Just tried to log onto Rocamar hotel's own website and got a message saying account suspended ?!

Abertillery, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rocamar Hotel

stayed at the Rocamar Hotel many times and have used Booking.com which are excellant.

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rocamar Hotel

Thanks, just tried that website, a week in September, 8 - 15th, is coming back at £4001!! Not sure what's going on!!!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rocamar Hotel

Try Hotel do Cerro. It's fab. Not so close to the sea but if you get a sea view it's spectacular. I used roomsnet.com to book Rocamar and my money was never passed to the hotel. Got it back off credit card company eventually but it meant no accommodation when we turned up at hotel. Never had that experience before and the person on reception at Rocamar made a very upsetting situation much mych worse. Stayed in Sao Vincente next door, really nice but not cheap. Hotel do Cerro is my favourite by far. Have you put the hotel names into Trivago to find a good deal? Best of luck :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rocamar Hotel

ksmangan alphrooms are coming up with similar price to booking.com. Wonder why its so expensive. Alpharooms quote is for 2 people Bed & Breakfast for 1 week at your dates posted wow £2000 is extortionate.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 22:14
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rocamar Hotel

whoops forgot to mention in my last post, is the price on booking.com for 4 people, hence double the price of the one quoted by alpharooms.?

Edited: 07 July 2013, 22:17