We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good standard self catering

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Central...
Level Contributor
230 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Good standard self catering

Hello

I have stayed in Eden Resort my last 3 visits and returning in October. I will be returning next year, but, would like to find a good standard of accomodation nearer to the old town if anyone could recommed, many thanks :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good standard self catering

Have a look at Cerro Mar and Encosta da Orada. All depends on what you want in terms of facilities and proximity.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good standard self catering

We have started using a private rental at Windmill Hill, about 10 minutes walk to the old town (steep hills going back up but good from an excersise point of view :)

There are quite a few in that complex on trip advisor rentals.

I prefer private rentals now as you tend to get a few more home comforts (there are lots near the old town on trip advisor Rentals, various complexes, not just Windmill Hill)

Haverfordwest...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good standard self catering

I stayed in Cerro Mar Atlantic View apartments, really lovely, high standard apartments only 5 mins up the steps from Old Town (not as bad as expected). If you look on ownersdirect website quite a few advertising apartments, really enjoyed the holiday and would happily return :)

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good standard self catering

I second Cerro Mar Atlantico - we have stayed there many times.

West Central...
Level Contributor
230 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good standard self catering

Many thanks for replies :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good standard self catering

Cerro Mar you can book directly with the hotel or through private renters which you will find on various travel websites

7. Re: Good standard self catering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira