We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

cork
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Reading some new reviews on these apartments, are they really full of Stags & Hens?

I have booked these for next week with my 2 children and am worried they might not be suitable.

I can't get a refund now as its too late...

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

yes its had some terrible ,terrible reviews , and I havent stayed there I know of it and its location etc,did you not have a chance to do a little research before you booked, or was it recomended by a travel agent etc

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,568 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Thing is, you probably won't get a refund on the basis if who might be the other customers. They wil of course be out clubbing of a night and sleeping half the day so, even if they are there, with good fortune you won't see or hear much of them.

cork
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

I did research, but its only the last 4/5 reviews that were really bad. Not really looking forward to it now !!

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Stags and Hens tend to only show up over the weekend, the resort is big enough to escape them if you are unlucky enough to have some at your apartments. From Don Pancho you can be at Oura Beach in 10 mins, an alternative to the pool. Don't be put off by reviews it looks like a particular unlucky week/weekend, two of the reviews are almost identical (the VIPs) looks like a couple who posted a review each. Albufeira has something for everyone, you'll find a spot that suits you, don't worry.

cork
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Thanks Mrs D, Hopefully we won't encounter ant of this, but as you said we will head to the beach if pool is too rowdy.

Flying out on Monday, hopefully the weather is as good as it is here in Ireland at the moment.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

i have a bookshop just round the corner from Albufeira Sol and haven't seen many if any stag and hen groups from there. i do know that a lot of stag and hen parties have stayed in the villas at Corcovada ( these are expensive to stay in) where they have just about wrecked the places and the surrounding areas. There have been a few out of control groups staying at the CPO at the bottom of the strip. They have been drinking and getting drunk around the pool all day and causing all sorts of problems for people staying there, particularly those with small children with the language which has been used by the groups.

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Cork70, not only will it be hotter but beer is cheaper, food is cheaper and you don't have to work!!! I came home on Wednesday, back in Albufeira on 16th August.

cork
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Just back from portugal and I need not have worried as the Albufeira sol apartments were excellent. Yes, there were groups of lads staying there while we were there but they always kept to themselves.the pool did get a bit crowded in the afternoon with people playing ball games (not just lads). I personally enjoyed having music playing while I sunbathed by the pool. My two sons really enjoyed there stay with lots of new mates to play with. Can't wait to return next year.

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Glad you enjoyed it.

Belfast, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Albufeira sol ( dom pancho)

Am very relieved by your experience.

We are staying in one of the villas in the resort in late August and will have 3 children aged 6, 4 and 2 with us. My elderly parents are also staying in the hotel!

I have been pretty horrified reading some of the most recent reviews and if it had been possible to cancel the booking I would have.

Did you stay in the hotel or in the resort area of the complex?

Also when I booked the hotel had mentioned they ran a kids club in the mornings - am now very doubtful that this is the case following the recent reviews but would love to hear how child friendly it really is.