We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

western night

Belfast, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
western night

Hi! I wonder could anyone help me, I would like to know if there is anywhere in portugal that puts on the western nights, We went to these entertaiment nights when we were in Spain and lanzorate and they were a great night out for the whole family.

Thanks

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: western night

Here is one link www.countrymusicholidays.com/portugal2.html

If the dates are suitable please note that transport tends to close down a bit early between towns, etc.

I sometimes catch the Showcase (Sky) channels in UK and some weekends etc are usually advertised there among the Irish country shows..

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: western night

think op is looking for the cowboy show sort of thing with stunt riders etc etc rather than music, and the answer is no there isnt anything like that on Algarve

Belfast, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: western night

Yea thats wot i was looking for it was really for the kidz. Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,921 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: western night

Montechoro fun park just lower down the hill past the Montechoro Hotel is supposedly opening up again with shows/entertainment for kids, and adults but what they are going to consist of I do not know.

Just found this info posted By The Cottage on albufeira.com hope he doesn't mind me posting the info:

So, what's happening at the old Montechoro Fun Park, Albufeira where the water slides used to be? The answer is 'Pirate's Planet'. The show will run through the months of July, August and September within a huge tent with a capacity of around 850 people. Advertising billboards have been put up today in various locations in the Algarve.

The show itself is being created by Anton Chelnokov and Nikolai Chelnokov. They are former performers of Cirque du Soleil, and currently have their own entertainment company based in Moscow. This show is not meant to be just a tourist attraction, a world-class show, with some of the best performers in the industry. One of the most interesting aspects is that we will be installing a real 100 year old ship, brought from Spain, in the swimming pool in the middle of the tent.

Two similar but distinct shows will be starting sometime in the middle of July. They opening date is yet to be determined. The first Pirate Show which will be shown earlier in the day, around 6 pm, perfect for families. It will have a great atmosphere and appropriate entertainment for all ages.

The second show, also pirate themed, starts at about 9 pm. It is an over 18's show, so there will be a more grown up aspect to this show.

Ticket prices will be starting at €20 for seating on sofas. The front rows will cost more, but we will be installing high end cinema seating.

For more information in English, Portuguese or Russian please telephone +351 912 046 594.

Does anyone know if its opened up as yet?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: western night

no still looks like a building site

Dukinfield, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: western night

algarvedailynews.com/community-news/general/…

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: western night

If you mean a Lanzarote "Rancho Texas" style night, the plain answer is no, there is nothing like that near Albufeira. The one in Lanzarote has its origins in the Texas town, San Antonio, that was settled in the 1800's by emigrants from Lanzarote. Nothing like that in the Algarve, the Pirate Village might offer a similar experience though summer 2014 is a more likely start date.

8. Re: western night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira