We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
transfers

just wondering do all private transfer companies charge the same from faro to old town albufeira. can see no difference what so ever between them. also can you decide what time you want the pickup at or is it based on your flight time. i dont like cutting it fine. going out on thursday.

kindest regards

pat

Sunderland
Level Contributor
946 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers

I'm not sure if you can choose your own pick-up time - you can always e-mail your company of choice and ask them.

I know Yellowfish transfers pick you up in time to get you to the airport 2 hours before your flight is due to leave.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,321 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers

There is very little difference in the prices charged by the private transfer companies. You might save a couple of Euros shopping around though.

If you have checked in on line, have a boarding pass and only hand baggage, you can arrive let's say an hour before flight time except in the very height of summer when it can take 30 minutes to get through security. I've done it so. You might be able to arrange a specific time for a pickup, but as already said, most pickups are timed to get you there two hours ahead of flight time so that there is a bit of time as leeway should there be any traffic problems etc en route.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers

Hi,

I use yellowfish transfers - they seem to be 5euro each way cheaper than the other companies.

When you book online with them they ask for your return flight time and they work out a pick up time based on 45 minute journey to the airport and 2 hours at the airport before your flight. If you want to change it you can email once booked and they will change it.

We use them quite a lot and they are always about 10 minutes early for the pick up so you don't have to worry about being late.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers

thanks for that folks. just like to get to the airport early. hope there is a little sunshine left over there. it has lashed rain here all week with minus 2 deg last night.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
910 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfers

No Wonder you want to get to the warmth of the Airport, I like going to the Airport Early to have a spot of Lunch or reakfast depending on the Time of Flight, On the return the later the better because having a snack before getting on the Plane at Faro will cost a Arm and a Leg.

The transfer I use is 30 Euros which is about average and takes 45 min if Private Transfer.

6. Re: transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira