We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather In Albufeira now

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather In Albufeira now

We are off to Albufeira this Sunday 20 Oct. Wondered if anyone that has just returned or there now, could tell me what the weather is like, so I can pack . I am thinking it not going to be swimsuit weather, never been to Portugal before so any advice appreciated!!

Thanks

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
289 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

Got back yesterday, after a week of mostly sun. No rain. does get a bit chilly in the evening though. I was told that rain is expected by weekend.

London
Level Contributor
634 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

can I just ask? you say chilly in the evenings - is this cardigan chilly or coat chilly?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,183 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

Today seems to be the last day with higher temperatures. Here's our national weather forecast: www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.10dias/…

Keep checking back as it changes a lot! If it says rain or showers it usually doesn't last all day and it can be quite local. Before you know the sky opens up and the sun is back.

Nothing to worry about, just pack for some changeable weather and enjoy it as it comes?!

Have a nice holiday.

London
Level Contributor
634 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

Just my luck - Like suziq37 above, this is my 1st time to Albufeira & rain is forecast. I arrive tommorow.

FTHW thanks for your post - its nice and positive - the weather will be what it will be - Just have to pack accordingly.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

Rain in Algarve is kind of a joke, it rains a bit and in a few minutes sun shines bright like it was as summer day. Rarely there is a dark, cloudy, smoggy, rainy day.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

The chilly feeling in the evening is more the dampness of the climate than cold. Just an extra layer will do. Bring an umbrella in case of showers (I never wear coats).

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

Weather must be the most asked question on this Forum, as a ex Royal Navy Met, I do take a interest in the Weather but when on Holiday in Vilamoura generally at the end of October and through to November I forget all about it, I just take a light weight waterproof for when it rains the Wife takes the same and her Cardi which she bought out there on a previous visit. So forget the Weather and enjoy your Holiday you can always buy a brolley out there very cheap. To many clothes in the case will increase the weight of your cases, most people take far to much at least we do but this our 30th year we are learning.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,870 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

Freezing this morning, 17C at 0745am. Sun is out, mostly blue sky, steady breeze. A faint chance of a shower or two later but the weekend does look like being wet. Very humid as Flubert says, makes everything feel just a bit damp if you are not getting in sun in through the windows.

If you are worried about getting wet, buy one of those disposable yellow or orange rain capes that cyclists and walkers wear. I have a couple. You will look like an idiot, but they work and take up only a tiny space in the luggage.

London
Level Contributor
634 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

I am here now & it's lovely. Sun is shining and I'm sipping cocktails at the pool....;-) Just need a light cardigan for the evenings. They said it might rain tonight but will hopefully turn out nice tommorow. Ps salgados. Beach is lovely....

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,183 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather In Albufeira now

We had rain in the morning, but indeed it has cleared up and sun is out again.

It looks like it's going to be dry tomorrow with some clouds, sunshine and 21C.

Not bad for an October holiday?!