We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming on the 5th November

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
coming on the 5th November

Coming back after a 15 year break, I am staying at the real Bellavista on an AI basis but i still plan eat and drink outside of the hotel, will the old town be busier than the new town the beginning of november, any irish bars with irish or scottish music? Any help and guidance greatly received!!

Thanks

Goodfellauk

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,260 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming on the 5th November

The old town will be busier. As you haven't been for 15 years, stand by for some big surprises!

There are one or two 'Irish' bars in town but i don't go there and cannot tell you what goes on. All being well, someone will.

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coming on the 5th November

The Shamrock is the Irish Bar in the Old Town, its upstairs in the same building as Hotel California, look up for the flags. Frank intends to close the first/second week of November for the winter so you might get a few nights in.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming on the 5th November

Thanks for the replies and the info, as long as there are some restaurants and bars open in the old town then it will be all good :)

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coming on the 5th November

I fail to understand people who travel to a new Country and the first things they seek are those things that they have left behind. You will certainly see changes and unfortunately there will be the Irish Bars open. The Old Town will certainly be the busier part of ALBUFEIRA.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coming on the 5th November

Horses for courses Flubert , not everyone like the same things, and its apparent you dont like Irish bars!! I live in the middle of the country 9 miles from the nearest pub and never been in an Irish bar since i was on holiday last year so its not something i have left behind!!

god forbid Im forced to go into an English pub!!!!

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coming on the 5th November

Nothing against Irish Pubs nor Scottish Pubs in fact as a ex Publican have visited many also being ex Navy enjoyed many a pint in most over the border and across the Irish Sea, though I have never got a liking for the Guiness. even in the Emerald Isle have enjoyed a wee dram and a pint of Heavy.

If thats your bag then enjoy it, though I am not sure you have against English Pubs because there is plenty out there.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: coming on the 5th November

Try a Portuguese bar for a change? :)

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coming on the 5th November

FTHW I always support the local bars including the portuguese ones, eat and drink where the locals do you cant go wrong :)

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coming on the 5th November

Use to go in the Local Bar and drink as the locals did , UM BICA AND BRANDY alas now they do not add the Brandy and to make it worse they drink a glass of water with the Bica. I have given up drink because of it.

10. Re: coming on the 5th November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:19