We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfares

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
530 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Airfares

Wow, just going to book a flight for beginning of Sept. Prices have gone really high, including Ryanair!!! £50.00 to take 1 bag.... Whats going on, £300.00 for a flight only for 2, not any better on Skyscanner.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfares

The Algarve has just been nominated as the cheapest destination in Europe to visit, let's hope the airlines dont raise the fares further anticipating a rush on bookings.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 23:15
Blackpool
Level Contributor
128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfares

If you book just now for September you will pay full price I wait till 2 months before I check the fares every day till the come down to what I can pay then I take the cheapest one I find

Blackpool
Level Contributor
128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfares

Were are you flying from I just checked from Manchester 11th to the 18th sep and it was £80 pp

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfares

Current price for Jet2 from Blackpool in September 2014 including bag and seat is £259 per person. Quite an increase as we rarely pay over £200 all in. Looking cheaper to book package holiday this year than tailoring your own trip.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,285 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfares

If you don't like paying £50 for a bag then don't fly Ryanair. They are all putting up their prices as taxes and fuel costs have increased and there are fewer passengers, thus they need to charge more per head to get their profits.

Anyway, what's this to do with Albufeira?

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
530 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfares

No flying from Liverpool...Big increase as we only paid £130.00 for 2 last year. Will leave it to nearer the time. Cubsar only reason I was going to pay for 1 bag is that we are going to go self catering apartment again and I like to bring some meat and foodstuffs with me as I am quite a fussy eater.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfares

Don`t let Customs know you have meat products

co.antrim,ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfares

We booked Ryanair for start of July for myself the wife my 14 year old daughter and 3 year old son with 2 15 kg bags for 1,050 quid plus we al get 10 kg hand luggage for free wasn't to bad but more than I expected

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfares

We are flying to Faro at the start of October from Liverpool and paid £130.00 Each, which includes 20kg of luggage and the extra legroom seats. Don't think you can complain at that

Sunderland
Level Contributor
964 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfares

We paid £1009 for three of us (me, my wife and our 14-year old son) to fly from Newcastle with Jet2 at the start of August 2014. Prices always seem to be quite a bit more for flights from the North-East.

However, they are Saturday flights with decent departure and arrival times including 22kg of hold luggage each plus 10kg cabin baggage each.

Thought they were expensive at the time (booked September 2013) but beginning to think they're not too bad all things considered. There's absolutely no way we would get away with 30kg of hold luggage between us - and there's only three of us, not four. Last year each of our cases was around the 20-21kg mark when we checked in.