We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in February?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in February?

We are a couple in our mid-thirties who have both been to Albufeira before in the summer (stayed in the old town) and are looking to go for a 3 night break for my birthday the first week in February (thurs-mon).

I'm just looking for some advice on where we'd be better off staying in terms of restaurants and bars being open. We're not looking for lively, just a few nice bars and restaurants to have a meal and a few drinks on an evening.

I've whittled it down to 3 hotels - Sol e Mar, Auramar Beach Resort and Club Praia D' Oura.

Any advice/opinions would be gratefully received. TIA :)

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in February?

IMO if you are looking for god nightlife and not The Strip I'd stay @ the Sol e Mar...right on the beach and only a few steps from the Old Town. Happy Holiday.

Link to reviews:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d2533…

Doncaster, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in February?

Thank you, that was my first choice, I just wondered how much would be open around there in February. Have you been then?

GALE
Level Contributor
137 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in February?

There is not a lot open in February in the old town. We live in Albufeira but go over to the area around the Club Praia Do Oura in winter because it is the only area with anything really open.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,937 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in February?

"There is not a lot open in February in the old town."

I disagree There is a good English run bar a few steps from the front door of the Sol e Mar, three restaurants opposite and down in the square and nearby there are enough bars etc open to keep some of us locals happy, plus the visitors of course.

Even here in Pateo there are two bars open and two restaurants, far more than one would find in a comparable area in an English town these days.

The strip will certainly be getting itself gear come February but it is deserted at the moment. Matt's bar has a sign outside saying 're-opening in February' but it didn't say when. A few of the places at the bottom end of Estrada da Santa Eulalia are open now, but not most of those further up.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in February?

We stayed at the Sol e Mar last week, we had good meals in O Dias and The Beach Basket turn left out of the hotel there is another place to eat and small supermarket beside them.

Bizzaro Bar close to the Rocamar hotel is great for Sangria !

6. Re: Where to stay in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira