We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Hi all.

OK maybe it is me but my internet search does not help me find a hotel in Albuferia that is actually on the sea front. So I hope you can give me some feed back regarding my search.

I would also be very interested in hearing about any experiences you may have had while holidaying in Albuferia especially regarding such hotels.

SO WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR?

firstly my wife and I Intend to holiday in Albuferia (old town) from 18th May to 25th May.

We are looking for a hotel on the sea front with a swiming pool with a nice area for my wife to lounge by the pool and relax, have snacks read a book etc.

We Need a room facing the sea with a balcony this is vital. very important..

We would like a room with air conditioning, a shower, safe, and tea and coffee making facilities.

It is my intention to book this holiday immediately I am satisfied above requirements can be met.

price is a factor so value for money is important.

Half board may be an option we would consider.

I thank you for your replies in advance.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Hello dok951, the only hotel 'on the beach' in the old town Albufeira is the Sol e Mar, all romms have a sea view room. Whilst it has an indoor pool, which I believe is being remodeled, it doesn't have much of a 'lounge by the pool' area.

The next nearest the beach is the Hotel Rocamar which does a pool with some sun lounger by the pool and this is only a few steps from the beach.

Best read the reviews on both of these.

If you choose to stay in old town Albufeira I would recommend that you stay B&B as there are so many good restaurants to choose from.

I believe the CS Rafael (excuse spelling) and Vila Joya and more 4* or 5* so will more than likely be relaxing but are on the outskirts of Albufeira.

Good luck and happy holidays.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

thank you nazza

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,811 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Dok951 there is also Vila Sao Vicente situated above the beach cliffs which is in same area as Rocamar. Small hotel, not all rooms have a sea view you would have to request one. This is there website hotelsaovicentealbufeira.com/…

As Nazza says Sol E Mar is the only hotel were you would be guaranteed a room facing the ocean, but whether it has all your requirements is another thing. http://www.grupofbarata.com/uk/ click on Sol E Mar on left of page.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 19:57
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Thank you Jayjan.

You are very kind replying to my post, The Villa Sao Vincente is ideal but unfortunately I have a budget of €525 set apart for paying for the hotel. the €665 for a sea view room at the Sao Vincente is too expensive sadly.

I am not having much luck in getting information that would allow me book the holiday and be done with it. I have spent a good bit of time trying to find something to suit in Albufira. I am now thinking of holidaying in a different location perhaps Cyprus Greece or Spain. My wife however prefers to holiday in Albuferia this year but you cannot always get what you want in one location. :-(

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,686 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

The Inatel hotel is a couple of hundred yards along the beach from old town Albufeira, is actually on the beach and can now be booked through through some British tour operators and other booking agencies.

However and probably crucially for most people these days, there is no pool. the sea is 50 metres away.

It was completely rebuilt in 2012 and 2013 and re-opened last summer. There are two buildings, the Inatel Praia (painted blue) is the one on the beach.

www.inatel.pt/unidhoteleira.aspx…

Edited: 26 January 2014, 08:22
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Thank you again cubsur

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,811 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

The Inatel Praia as cubsur says is in a great position but also as he says there are two hotel buildings of which you could possibly be put in either one, depending on clientelle capacity of either, which might be a problem to you.

Monaghan
Level Contributor
227 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Hello dok951,the Rocamar is priced at 454euro for a double seaview room booking with alpharooms and travelrepublic for your dates.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Thank you again for your kind reply

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea front hotels in Albuferia old town

Thank you Molly do you know if the pool is reopen yet?

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira