We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
galwaygirl2009
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

Hi travelling from dublin on the 22nd june till 2nd july .There will be 3 of us going all female ages 17,28,50 wondering with it been our 1st visit to albufeira can people recommend any night time dinners shows ect.during day we will want to visit beach and stay by pool.is there any good market you would recommend for buying handbag s clothing ect and would these market be cheaper than buying from stalls around resort.we are going self catering so any idea of prices of meals drinks in hotel.is there any bars restaurant s around the hotel ? I would really appreciate any recommendations that anyone has and also info on a water park how far from hotel prices ect.

thanks a million in advance

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,191 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

I can answer one or two!

There is an outdoor market on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month. It's next to the main bus station which is about a 3/4 mile from Paraiso. It's an uphill walk but easy to get to on the bus. As for whether it's cheaper I really don't know. It's the kind of market where you will hear 'everything 5 Euros I give you special price' etc etc.

There are several good handbag shops around town. There is a very good one in the old town just off the main square.

I have no idea what meal prices are like in the hotel but Albufeira has dozens of places you can go to, ranging from McDonald's and KFC just along the road to the expensive places down by the beach. Depends on what your prefer or dislike as to what to recommend.

You will find prices in bars a lot less than in Dublin.

For your self catering needs there are two large supermarkets opposite each other about 5 minutes walk up the road just past the roundabout with the watches on it. Both are open all day every day until 10pm (Continente) or 9pm at Pingo Doce. Be aware that Pingo Doce do not accept credit cards.

For waterparks look across to the right and the item under Top Questions - it's all there.

There are all manner of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk, Go out of the from entrance and turn right. Again, I cannot recommend anywhere without knowing likes and dislikes.

Down in the old town at night you will find all kinds of music etc in the various bars mainly around the square. That's about 12 - 15 minutes walk.

I hope that helps

galwaygirl2009
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

Vthanks a million for such fast reply we will miss them market ur talking about as we will be there for the 4th tuesday of june crap love going to markets .we would be i

open to trying any type bars live bands djs entertainment ect as for food we would be open to try anything none of us are fussy eaters than god so makes it easier while we on holiday.any excursions u would recommend?

galwaygirl2009
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

How long of walk to the beach from hotel?

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

I believe July 1 is a Tuesday ... so there should be a local market at Bus station. People also generally try Loule market, or on Wednesday mornings, QUARTEIRA. You`d be able to get a bus for the latter at MODELO just up at the Watches (Relogios) roundabout (200 yards left of Paraiso).

Around 800 metres (half-mile) down the main dual carriageway to right of Paraiso is the STRIP crossing, where most bars, etc, are. However, just round to the right is a good Chinese restaurant and around 100 yards further Rua Dunfermline, which has a few good places. This is also a good way to the beach, right up past Forte do Vale Hotel is Tres Palmeiras roundabout, where left goes to Praia da Oura, right goes to Inatel and the Old Town ... and along 100 yards on the left is Rua do Forte which goes down to the main beaches at Monica Isabel.

restaurant lists and STREETVIEW at www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/ why not drive around on google ?

Edited: 02 February 2014, 13:47
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

Sorry, the last bit above doesn`t read well for a newcomer. At Tres Palmeiras from Rua Dunfermline, you can go straight on, then right to Monica Isabel ... or go right and then left on Rua do Forte in around 100 yards. Tres Palmeiras is also a stop for BLUE and GREEN giro city buses (every 30 min), as well as the little Tourist Trains (every 20 min). The latter go clockwise past Paraiso, but not stopping .... Old Town escalators, Bris Sol (near Modelo) ... middle Strip .. Tres Palmeiras.

galwaygirl2009
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

thanks a million ya i realised after i wrote it that i will be there for the 1st tuesday in july so will go to the market then.thanks a million i will write down that way to the beech as a bus from hotelonly goes monday to friday so will be great to be able walk there also if we missed the bus .been to sunny beach in bulgaria for last 5 years in row so looking forward to something different .Have you been to the water parkis there just one in albufera?

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

This link may help you get your bearings

http://albufeira.com/map/city/

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

galwaygirl

Paraiso is a good choice, we have stayed there and had no complaints. They do run a courtesy bus several times a day in and out of the old town but it doesn't run in the evenings.

Have a look at the website for Johnny Hoopers. Theres a map on it that shows the location and its not far from the Paraiso.

www.johnnyhooper.com/location%20map.htm

galwaygirl2009
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

thanks a million i must print that to take with me

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: paraiso de albufeira aparthotel

Here`s a list of some stuff from my guide ... no waterparks in Albufeira, but a couple not far away.

The Albufeira.com map is good ... you are just to the left of where it says VALMANGUDE , to the left of which is the little church of the Holy Family (Sagrada Familia) and then PARAISO ... and it shows the route to Tres Palmeiras, etc very well. No need to print it as they also do a very good printed map available locally for 1 euro.

Parks

ZOOMARINE , Guia 289560300 www.zoomarine,com

Every day ... End March to end June 1000 -1800 ... July and August 1000 -1930

CRAZY WORLD - ALGRAVE ZOO Algoz 282574134 www.krazyworld.com

Every day 1000 - 1800 and in August open to 1900.

AQUALAND Alcantarilha 282320230 www.aqualand.pt

Every day, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 1000 - 1800

AQUASHOW FUN PARK Quarteira 289389396 www.aquashowpark.com

Every day ... June and Sept to Oct 15 1000 - 1730 .... July/Aug 1000 - 1830 ...

SLIDE AND SPLASH Lagoa 282- 341685/340800 www.slidesplash.com

Every day .. April to October 1000-1730

Activities

WATER SPORTS (Praia da Oura)

www.skimolhado.com 917294497 - 917202811

SURF SHOP Belavista 289585313

DIVING

www.atlanticdiving.net

Euroanima Albufeira

www.indigo-divers.pt

JEEP SAFARI

www.go-adventures.net

www.nostalgic-holidays.com

www.zebraincentives-portugal.com

BOATS

www.dreamwavealgarve.com 289102117

www.searockets.com 919701718

www.algarve-cruises.com 289- 302984/388052 (Vilamoura)

www.dolphinsalgarve.com

www.polvowatersports.com

www.algarexperience.com 967525127 - 961372609

PAINTBALL

www.crazypaintball.albufeira.com

KARTING Almancil

www.kartingalgarve.com

ROCK and BOWL FUN CENTRE Algarve Shopping, Guia

PITCH and PUTT .... Brejos

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira