We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotels have sky tv in albufera

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
which hotels have sky tv in albufera

any all inclusive hotels have sky tv?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

None to my knowledge. If you want to watch Sky Sports you will have to go to a bar in town and pay for drinks.

I am happy to be corrected on that!

Edited: 20 February 2014, 09:12
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

You get some football in Hotels ... Portuguese, Dutch, German, Champions and Europa league ... some have Eurosport. And you can get some online .... I watched Arsenal -Bayern last night from ZDF since that was a SKY game ...

Edited: 20 February 2014, 11:37
Chelmsford
Level Contributor
289 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

A lot have Sky news.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

"A lot have Sky news."

Watching that for more than 30 minutes at a time would drive most people mad!

Hotels will only offer free to air channels in rooms including obviously Portuguese, Italian, German, French, Bulgarian, Russian, Eurosport etc but not British except for Sky news and BBC World News.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

Don't forget the fact that the original poster may have wanted to watch UK television ie BBC1 / ITV (As well as the sports) but will not be able to due to the satellite transfer. I know it's been talked about on here in great detail and watching out for any answers with great interest myself but the poster may not be aware of the problem.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

I`ve stayed in a few hotels which have different BBC areas on their selection, London, Bristol, Wales, East Midlands ... so they are obviously taking them from SKY free-to-air. Any reason these would not be available now ?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

All bbc and itv 1 no longer available with sky or freesat (free to air) box

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

The satellite that used to broadcast BBC, ITV etc across Portugal and Spain was turned off earlier this month. The new satellite they use for broadcasts to the UK does not cover this area, therefore most UK free to air channels are no longer available. Friends of mine staying in an hotel here in Albufeira can no longer watch ITV in their rooms.

Residents and bars are finding various internet based means of getting these channels.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 08:38
9. Re: which hotels have sky tv in albufera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira