We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Albufeira

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay in Albufeira

Hi, me and a few of my friends are planning a holiday for this summer. We're in our early 20's but have already done a few 'party holidays' so are looking for somthing with a good night life, bit quieter than the main party destinations.

Albufeira has been mentioned to us a few times, but as I know very littel about the area I was hoping someone could help and give us some information of where the best place to stay would be?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

Main accomodation is listed at www.albufeiraguide.com/ with links to TA reviews and STREETVIEW. In the high season just take the cheapest you can find ... it will be ok. I`m currently in the the Janelas, slightly off the main drag and they have another two places ... Pateo Village and Ouratlantico. There`s a very good GIRO bus system in town which goes everywhere and taxis are reasonable ... so `area` isn`t that important.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 14:23
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
180 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

Try the sol e mar , it's right on the beach and within walking distance to everything you need , they will take 3 to a room m it's basic accommodation but with breakfast included its hard to beat for location and price !!!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

Sorry ... got carried away watching the football .. the website above is www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/

Edited: 10 March 2014, 19:46
Kildare
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

There are two distinct areas of Albufeira, the new town or "Strip" or the Old Town. The areas around the Strip are livelier than the Old Town, and tend to attract a younger "Party" crowd, the Old Town has a more mature, family vibe, but its still lively with plenty of bars and restaurants. If you stay somewhere like the Brisa Sol or Villa Gale you will be within striking distance of both, giving you the best of both worlds.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

Look up Booking.com it will give you all the prices you want for the days you want to travel on with photos and reviews on each hotel.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

In our constant reviews of search sites, Travel Republic, Thomas Cook, Alpharooms and Low Cost Holidays come out best almost every time. This will show up if you go comparison like TRIVAGO ... but remember they take commission and you should go to the individual site (url) for booking.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 09:01
7. Re: Where to stay in Albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira