We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albufeira over Easter

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Albufeira over Easter

I decided out of the blue that I need a holiday over Easter to re-charge my battery. I got a nice quote (for a solo taveller) for the Vilanova Resort. The review seems to be ok, and I am sure it will do the trick.

I am just wondering what the weather is usually is in the middle of April. I assume it will be much better than the lovely Scottish weather (enjoying 7 degrees, rain and fog right now!!!), but would love to enjoy some sun and warmth to spend time outdoors (maybe even sit at the pool or the beach). Based on previous years, could I expect that in Albufeira?

Also, I read bars and restaurants should be open so I hopefully won't be bored in the evening after relaxing during the day. Is that correct?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albufeira over Easter

I went 20th April last year for a week,temp was low 20's and sunny,definetly weather for the pool and beach,going again in 2 weeks so hopefully more of the same.

As far as I{ could tell everything was open.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 19:28
Scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albufeira over Easter

We were there mid-april last year and weather was in low-20s all week. If you're still there from the 22nd onwards, you'll see us in BJs Canadian Bar, right across from Vilanova. We usually end up in there after playing golf.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albufeira over Easter

Thanks guys.

After checking prices again I might chose Eirasol Appartement instead of Vilanova (got better reviews and rooms look slightly nicer). Need to decide to stay 5 days, or spend £25 more for 7 nights. Oh, and must hope that my boss approves my holiday request now. Very unusual for me not to plan a holiday more in advance....

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albufeira over Easter

EIRASOL is very good ... it has a great position on the corner at Worms roundabout, supermarket, bus stops, restaurants all handy. Big apartments, front door faces east on Rua Dunfermline and balcony faces west, the compact pool area and sunset ... modern TV`s ... so load up a music or video dongle ...

There`s a very cheap city tour available at www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/ with free guide book, bus timetables, maps, etc.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 20:21
Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albufeira over Easter

Thanks, I will make a decision between these two places. What I like about Vilanova is the bigger open soace around the pool. While Eirasol seems to have better reviews, thenpool area looks quite small. Decisions decisions...

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Albufeira over Easter

The pool is Ok ... and the benefit is that only around 30 people can be around it, whereas VILANOVA can be very much noisier. And the accomodation at Vilanova is nowhere near that of Eirasol ...

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Albufeira over Easter

Thanks for all your advise. Just before I wanted to book I was told about a great last minute offer for Turkey, so I am heading there now for a short break.

Albufeira might be on the card next year....

8. Re: Albufeira over Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira