We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any bars with tribute bands or live music

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
any bars with tribute bands or live music

can anyone tell me if there are any bars that have tributes or bands playing will be there 1st week in june

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,025 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

In the old town there is Rock Café, in the square, rock tribute bands nightly from 10pm and they also have people playing at Bank, across the square, but maybe only at weekends in June.

Sir Harry's Bar in the square also has live music and when you add the karaoke pan pipers outdoors it is a bit of cacophony there if you sit outside.

There was someone playing in 'Bar Street' when I walked past the other night, but it didn't really attract my attention.

There are bound to be others.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 16:21
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

how far is it from vila petra we are staying there

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,025 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

About a mile and half, 5 Euros in a taxi or €1,40 in a bus. But the buses end at 1130 so won't bring you back.

There are bound to be places nearer Vila Petra, which is in the 'new town' end but it's not an area I venture to at night, so I must leave others to make suggestions.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 16:54
4. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 20:11
Wyre
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

Ancora Bar would be closest to the Vila Petra for tribute Bands. Just past the main road heading down the strip toward the beach. Mind you they tend to be bloody Elvis and Michael Jackson

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

Chor bar very close to vila petra and wild and co nearer the beach

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

We used the Ancora bar most nights on our last trip to Albufeira, a mix of family entertainment including comics, musicians, michael jackson and elvis tributes...a pool table and kids welcomed.

Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

Wild and co on the strip have a house rock band every night,some nights are more 'heavy',and some nights more pink floydish,great musicians and a great night out

gloucester
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

Try the temple take a right half way up the strip passed the Chinese shop.very good

Panaji
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any bars with tribute bands or live music

Is the Chor Bar back open?