We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January in Algarve

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
January in Algarve

My recently retired wife and I are hoping to spend most of January '15 in The Algarve. We are looking for inexpensive single bedroom accommodation that is clean, quiet, close to beach with nearby supermarket. Somewhere near Albufeira looks a distinct possibilty. Can anyone offer guidance and suggestions please? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,149 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January in Algarve

Try Páteo Village apartments. Friends of mine stayed there for four weeks in February this year at a cost of £10 a night. Small and medium supermarkets within 5 minutes walk, also three local bar / cafés.

12 minutes walk down into the old town and beach. Buses every half hour every day.

Large supermarkets 1 mile, I walk there and get the bus back - I live just around the corner from Páteo Village.

January might not be beach weather. It can and does rain and get very windy. This year wasn't too bad but in past years we have had rain almost every other day. It doesn't get really cold though, down to 15C or 50F on average.

Pateo Village we3bsite - book direct for best deal

http://www.pateovillage.com/?ac=lang&lg=en

There have been a lot of recent posts asking about Páteo Village. Put the name into the search box above and then sort by date. Those posts should answer any further questions you might have

Edited: 09 April 2014, 09:21
Mentioned in this post
Pateo Village Apartments
Pateo Village Apartments
491 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: January in Algarve

Make sure there's some form of heating in the apartment. Buildings are often not insulated and winters can be damp.

3. Re: January in Algarve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 20:11
Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: January in Algarve

I must agree with Vanessa re area.

Anywhere around Quinta Pedro / Oura area is good out of season as there's plenty of expats / long termers staying in that area. Bars are reasonably busy out of season and a lot, lot busier than the 'Strip' (at least 75% closed).

A good base, unless you want it really quiet.

5. Re: January in Algarve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira