We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
390 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Just used these people for a stay at the OURASOL APARTMENTS 13th till 18th of april paid in full and when we got there we where told that are booking had not been paid and that the hotel had ot receieved are money.

Was told to pay again or ship out.

It was late at night and we where stressed with a young child and had to start to ring people as the hotel was telling us we we are not welcome and this situation must be resolved right away my daughter was in tears and my granddaughter was distraught

I'm so angry with these people and no explanation or apology avoid and if you are sunshine out there its ref sun 221651 as there is no way to contact you rubbish company.

I'm so angry

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

What a terrible situation to be in, have you tried complaining to ABTA, Sunshine.co.uk are apparently registered with them.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 22:07
Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Registered office not far from me. lol

Quote - 'The site got bigger and bigger... until we eventually sold it to TripAdvisor/Expedia.'

http://www.sunshine.co.uk/about/

Shocking start to your holiday though.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

I think its referring to Holidaywatchdog website whom they sold to Tripadvisor/Expedia.

I also don't like the fact they don't have a telephone number to contact them. There is one 0845 numbers for queries on bookings but not one for complaints. You really have to search the website to find the 0845 telephone number though which to me isn't good.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 22:29
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
684 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

The Admin No. is 0845 5480 555

Opening Hours:

Monday to Thursday 9:00 - 22:00

Friday 9:00 - 22:00

Saturday and Sunday 9:00 - 22:00

Bank Holidays 10:00 - 16:00

lancashire
Level Contributor
390 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Thanks for the information i will give them a ring shortly to complain and get some sort of explanation and will let everyone know what they have to say for themselves.

Other than this had a great time in Albuferia with good weather, food etc dosn't matter how many times i go always find something new like the little bay at the left of the Auramar hotel.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Good luck, but you should be entitled to some sort of compensation for your 'inconvenience'.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 09:23
Wyre
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Have used Sunshine quite a few times and never had the same problem. We did once turn up at Forte Do Vale with a booking for a Two Bedroomed apartment only to be told there was none available and we had to stay in a one bedroomed pool view one instead. When we returned home I contacted Sunshine to let them know what had happened. A few days later we received a very decent sized cheque as compensation which we used to book our next holiday. ( we had not asked for compo either, so we were well happy )

Wirral
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Lost count of the times we've booked with Sunshine which is some years now and we book approx. 5 times a year. I'm wondering if this is some mistake with your Hotel and not Sunshine's fault. We have never had ANY problems with them.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
386 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Have you had any joy from Sunshine.co.uk?

lancashire
Level Contributor
390 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware Sunshine.co.uk avoid at all costs

Just a quick update and as others pointed out i have used sunshine without problems.

Turns out that sunshine will have to contact Lowcostbeds as that was the supplier and as they are a member of ABTA they have28 days to give us an explanation or tell us why they cant.

So will post when i get a response.