We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Forte Da Oura

Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Luna Forte Da Oura

Hiya me and my boyfriend, both in our mid 20's have booked this apartment for early August. When we booked the reviews were great. Only the odd negative which no where is ever really 100%. Anyway recently a few more negatives have been added and now I am starting to panic. Any info please... Not that we can do much now its booked and paid for.

Many thanks!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

I`ve had a tour from outside Luna the last 12 weeks and heard no gripes. Previously heard a few about food .. but plenty of places outside to eat. Go to www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/ on the Girobus page at the bottom ... Blue bus opp. Luna.

Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

We are self catering anyway so not too worried about that. But heard that the staff and place is unclean. Fingers crossed all is good when we get there.

Thank you anyway.

Panaji
Level Contributor
578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

We have stayed here a couple of times including last october and the place was spotless. Not sure what it will be like in august but we think it's a great hotel.

Panaji
Level Contributor
578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

Btw, they do an all you can eat carvery on weds and sundays which is excellent. The guy who does it is an english caterer and he's very good.

Scotland
Level Contributor
242 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

Hi Charlotte

I stayed here for 9 nights in April, you’ve probably read my review which was mixed. I don’t think there’s any need for you to worry about your upcoming holiday as we didn’t have any major issues with the hotel.

Our first room had ants but this was dealt with very quickly and very well by the receptionist. We had no major issues with cleanliness in our second room, we were quite happy in that respect after we were given a new room.

The staff are essentially fine, just a little sullen at times. Some are friendlier than others, but they did appear professional at all times. In my opinion the hotel is not a 4*, which was my main issue, but I still thought it was a good, clean place to stay.

The location is excellent and the balconies are excellent and the rooms are a great size. We had no concerns about safety in the hotel and slept very well and woke up to warm showers each day. You’ll be fine, no need to worry. Get back to looking forward to your holiday!

Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

Thank you all for that info. And 'Traveler' thank you very much for that. I was starting to panic and worry. Good hearing from people who have actually stayed there.

Thanks again all of you

Xx

northern Ireland
Level Contributor
185 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

Hi, we stayed in this hotel last August. I had no complaints. It was clean, beds good, nice snacks at the pool bar at decent prices. You will need to be early to get a sunbed but that's the norm in any hotel I have ever stayed in. I noticed that people were leaving towels on beds for long periods of time but depending who is on duty at the bar, they remove them if no-one turns up to use them which I think is fair. We were B&B and the breakfast was really good and the man that ran the restaurant and snack bar was English. when we were there they had a barbeque by the pool on Wednesday evenings and I would recommend this if it on while you are there. It was one of the best meals we had in Albufeira. On another note they don't like you having your own drinks etc at the pool during the day..but if you are discreet you can get away with it. We are going to Albufeira in August this year too...only reason we are not staying in Luna Forte is that it is a wee bit more pricey and we got a better deal on another 4 star. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Luna Forte at the right price. Don't worry anymore...it will be fine...enjoy!! Regards Sarah.

Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

Thank you Sarah. That's really good info to know and again eases my mind a lot. The BBQ sounds good, hope they still do that.

Enjoy your holiday

9. Re: Luna Forte Da Oura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16