We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices sky high for June 2015!

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
364 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Prices sky high for June 2015!

We booked last year for Oura Praia hotel two weeks 30th May £750 (brillant) for two adults This year paid £1081 again Oura Praia Hotel flying from Belfast but for next year we are looking at £1336 anyone know why the big jump in hotel and flight prices. Cant be fuel as it is much the same as last year. Has anyone else found this price rise? Did mean to say prices are all on self catering.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,694 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

That is a lot and I don't think can be simply explained by the fairly large rises we have had in gas, water and electricity plus taxes in general over that period. Maybe you were just lucky with previous deals.

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

I just looked at the flight prices for next year (last 2 weeks in May) and they are up £100 ( for 2) on this years prices

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

Jet2 flights are advertised (flying out of Blackpool ) £306 return next June with selected seats, an increase of about £70 on June this season. I blame the bloody Tory Government

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

the cheapest time to buy flights is 6 weeks before departure not a year in advance

lisburn
Level Contributor
240 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

always use aer lingus from Belfast to faro because they were always the cheapest,but now you have to check everyday . its like a gamble now take it when you think its ok,I gambled last week got it £100 less than previous day. but it could be £100 down before sept when we're going.but you just have to take a chance.its the luck of the irish we have to pay more to fly .that's life.

london
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

Not sure about that . We always go easyjet and book our flights when they are released usually about 6 months before . I have never seen them get cheaper after that .

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

the best way to get flights from Belfast to Faro (or anywhere) is with easyjet on their release day, it involves getting up at 6am and trying every few minutes but its worth it.

unless there is a specific sale on, flights get more expensive as most seats sell, most airlines operate this way they call it dynamic pricing for some reason.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 21:03
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

Agree with Fawlboy, we do the same and only ever once have we seen the price go down after booking, with easyjet if you do see it cheaper after you book you can claim a credit that you have to use within 6 months, ( not sure if that is during a sale though) but.... The flight that you use the credit on has to be booked over the phone, yes big phone charges you say but..... They actually phoned me back. Hope that helps with the question!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
364 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

If I was to book now for travel at the end of May ot os over 1900 pounds l booked this last year early September.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
364 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prices sky high for June 2015!

If I was to book now for travel at the end of May ot os over 1900 pounds l booked this last year early September.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira