We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best chinese, old town

ireland
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
best chinese, old town

anyone recommend the best Chinese, old town

thanks

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best chinese, old town

Ali Baba ... `Square` end of the main street 25 Abril ...

Manhattan
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best chinese, old town

Sorry, but Ali Baba was the worst Chinese restaurant we have ever experienced. We are spoiled for choices where we live, but this restaurant was 180 degrees away from authentic.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best chinese, old town

I will second that!! Terrible meal. Best one we have found is the Big Shanghai by Paraiso Hotel, food has always been very good.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best chinese, old town

I`d have suggested others if we wasn`t asked for `Old Town` ...

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best chinese, old town

You are correct Pyrman, I think sometimes we forget to read the original post carefully!!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
684 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best chinese, old town

Not been in but a new Chinese has opened on the tunnel steps directly in front of Sol e Mar hotel (in what used to be O Tunel premises)

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best chinese, old town

Don`t wish to be unfair, though .... the TA reviews on Alibaba since its move from where Spice Lounge has opened are more `good` than `bad` .... but some people seem to have had bad service.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best chinese, old town

They did not hang around getting the Chinese up and running at the ex O tunnel! I remember the first week in May they were working through the night on it.

On the subject of best Chinese, slightly off track I know but we have enjoyed the Thai meals we had at the Royal Orchid opposite the Sol E Mar Hotel, is it still open?? I did not check on our last visit to the area.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best chinese, old town

The problem with Ali Baba is the food, not the service. Also, I personally would never recommend a restaurant that I have not experienced first hand.

IrelandGemma, why not go to the restaurant section of TA and read some of the reviews yourself? You might get a better idea whether this is a spot for you.

10. Re: best chinese, old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:16