We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choromar Apartments - getting around

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Choromar Apartments - getting around

Having read a few reviews of the locality and one review saying it was a few miles walk to the beach I need to try put mind at ease.

Basically I'm lookin to find out how many miles are we from:

Nearest Beach/Bars at front

Old Town

New town

Cheers in advance

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

800m to beach, 600 metres to new town busy area and 1.5kms to old town. local taxis max 6 euro for any of these places from choromar

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

Cottage knows the area much better than me, but in my opinion the distance to the beach is double his estimate. unless there is a beach I don`t know of

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,422 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

I agree - the beach is getting on for a mile and a half ie 2.6km.

In addition togetting around in taxis and using your feet, the town has a network of 5 local bus routes for 4 Euros per day, 1.40 cash fare valid for up to one hour or you can buy a pre pay pass for €3 and load it with ten or twenty journeys at 80 cents each. In summer buses run on al routes every half hour every day until midnight, Sundays included.

Two routes stop outside the school, a couple of minutes walk from Choromar. Linha Verde will take you almost all the way to Oura Beach and also to the escalators at the top of the cliff above the old town, Linha Azul will take you to the main shopping centres eg Continente Modelo and Pingo Doce. Reverse for the way back.

Details at www.algarvebus.info/albufeira.htm

Loule, Portugal
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

Messed with google earth and revised estimate is 1300m. 650 to Bullring roundabout and 650 from there to beach

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,422 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

And it is uphill almost all the way back!

Loule, Portugal
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

is there a courtesy bus at Choromar? Certainly used to be.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

I was recently in Silchoro, just round the corner from Choromar. There is also a green giro stop just up from Choromar on the main road. It is only a 5 min walk from Silchoro to Bullring ... 2 mins more to central Strip crossing. I often walked in 15mins to Pedra dos Bicos .. that would be 20 mins to Praia da Oura via CPO ..

If you are specifically going to the beach ... Inatel would be the best stop ... Green down 00 and 30 .. and Blue back 15 and 45 ( you have to hail that bus there).

8. Re: Choromar Apartments - getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira