We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clonaslee, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back

Hi all just back from 10 days in Albuferia.Firstly can I thank all the people who gave me advise on T/A it was most helpfull espically Cubsur. We stayed in the Choromar apts which we found perfect for what we were looking for, the staff were very friendly and helpfull at all times,the aprts were spotless and cleaned every day we were there. The shuttle bus to the OldTown every day was a huge plus and needed as its a fair bit away.The food was good in the hotel and the entertainment was very good espically Predro who got everyone (including the little kids) involved and had the place rocking.Albuferia itself was a perfect place to holiday it had a bit of everything we espically liked the OldTown,its still hanging on to its charm and of corse its beach is class.We ate and drank in a few different places and found most of them good value. All in all we really enjoyed our holiday and would def visit albuferia again. If anybody needs or wants to ask me any questions about anything please feel free to ask.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back

Glad to hear you had a good time even with the cloudy weather!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back

I use the line from `Hotel California` .... " you can check out anytime, but you can never leave" ...

3. Re: Just Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 18:17
Edited: 11 June 2014, 18:17
Clonaslee, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back

So very true

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back

Hi We have been three times and we will be back again sometime, whereabouts are the Choromar Apartments, think I read somewhere that they have got a heated pool, is this correct

Thanks

ireland
Level Contributor
163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back

tim, heading to old town now in a few weeks, any hints or tips of good places to eat/drink

thanks

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back

CHORO MAR is near the top of Rua Guerrero ( the north east border of Albufeira) and is just round the corner from giro bus stops at Diamantina Negrao school. It is around 300 yards to Erin`s Isle Bar and 500 yards to the North Strip.

reviews here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d2642…

Clonaslee, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back

We found that you couldent really go wrong in the OldTown but the places we visited were good quality and value considering my 13 year old is a bottomless pit when it comes to food !! restaurents were SHALOM and SHALOM II were v good O LUSITANO fab O VALERIO good tourist menu O PRAZERES also BUDDYS , URBAN PIZZA had nice pizzas if your staying near the watches roundabout O JORGE is a great little spot their the few we liked but as I said you cant go wrong BARS are great in the OLDTOWN we never stayed late at night as out apartments entertament was very good but our fav ones were ROCK CAFE,KAVANAGHS,BIZZARO,JOHNNY HOOPERS, DALYS IRISH BAR, theres one right beside johnny hoopers cant think of its name its v good but our fav bar had to be THE SPORTS BAR its at the watches roundabout above pingo, propper frosted glasses and large beer 1.40 cannot be beaten, hope this helps a bit hope ya have a great time.

Clonaslee, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back

Hi,as PYRMAN has said its the north east of the strip the nearest busy area is the Montachoro area where you will have to go for the nearest supermarket, about 8-10 mins walk, it is a bit out of the way but shuttle buses are provided to the nearest beach and the OldTown, and no the pool is def not heated

10. Re: Just Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira