We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CPO club praia da aura building works!

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
CPO club praia da aura building works!

Hi. Have booked 2 stay at club praia da aura for last week in August with my boyfriend and was wondering are there any updates on the building works or when they will be finished?? Also which rooms have been refurbished as I'm being quite cheeky an would like 2 request a newly refurbed room wen we arrive :) lol think I read in a review that pool view rooms were getting done and were almost finished? But if any1 has any updated info or any idea which room or block I should ask 4 it would be much appreciated :)) thanks in advance guys n gals :)

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Looks like nobody has been staying at CPO due to the building work! LOL We are staying the end of July and i was hoping somebody would answer you. We walked around CPO in May and still a lot of building work going on. To me it looked like the best view rooms were being renovated and certainly not all of the rooms. We have a timeshare there and i could see rooms either side of ours had been done but ours hadn't yet, so not sure if it will be or not. What i did see looked stunning and will really improve CPO.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Hello im going on 25 june for 11 nights so I will post an update on the building works and the rooms on my return. Im not worried as the latest reviews indicate the building works ia coming to a stop. Fingers crossed xx

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Thanks that would be great if you could. Enjoy your holiday.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Hi we are also staying the CPO in the last week of August. We tend to be out and about alot so hopefully the building works wont affect us too much but just interested to know how far along they would be by then so will be following this with interest!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Fingers crossed guys :/ thanks so much an would b great if you could let me kno how you's get on :) hope you have a good hol an that th works don't annoy you 2 much, as some reviews say they never heard anything!!! Thanks 4 th replies folks!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Just read some recent reviews about CPO :/ all negative ones and even one about a cockroach in the room which I'm freaking out about as I have a serious phobia of all things like that :/ although all the recent bad reviews seem 2 be from the same stag group that styed there recently so hopefully they've just had bad luck!! Please post in here with an update if you've visited recently, much appreciated :)

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Cockroaches ? Wherever we go in the World, the first thing we do is spray Raid Ant & Cockroach killer around all windows and doors, then we do the same around all kitchen appliances. It seems to work as we never see any roaches. ( repeat if cleaners mop the floors )

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

Just got back from there today and I am sorry to say but everything those people posted negativley was true. I was there with my 13 year old son and we were in a small apartment with a small pull down double bed...not suitable. Could not sleep at night with no AC and could'nt leave door open as football revellers were about.

They charged 5.00 euro per day even for residents which is not right and after two days of not getting the numbers they expected they cut off the sports channel in all rooms and bars in all four of their hotels......shocking and a disgrace as I could not let a 13yr old down to the screen area alone. Building is going on thick and fast. The only apartments that seem to have been improved are on the long side of the pool as the other long side has none.

I would never stay there again it took four days to get our room cleaned and towels changed. The food is rubbish it cost 17.00 euro for me and my son for a breakfeast with no tea or coffee and if you go up the hill you can get a full English for 5.00 euro and its really good.

They also advertise a steak night buy one get one free, so we said give it a go but as we sat down the couple opposite us were sending their back as it was rubbish so I aked another coupel who said it was small and the sauce was like Bisto. All it turned out to a was a normal fillet cut across the middle so basically half each so no free steak just a lot less.

I also found the majority of staff unhelpful and no hospatility skills. There was no entertainment worth talking about and as for the free WiFi forget it it does not work unless you pay and then like magic it does.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 01:21
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

The worry is these people are going to own up to 20% of the beds in Albufeira .... but hopefully, they will get down to much better management skills once re-furbishments have been completed. For the time being, perhaps, people should avoid the CPO ... but don`t let it deter you from ALBUFEIRA.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CPO club praia da aura building works!

I noticed 4 weeks ago that some apartments which faced onto the pool on the other shorter block had been renovated/aircon and more or less finished as they where putting new furniture in them but work was still ongoing in the other long block facing the pool.