We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommedations

ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommedations

Hi,

We are visiting Albufeira in August and are staying in private appartments opposite the Boa Vista Hotel. Could anyone please recommend a few good restaurants around that area. I have checked the resaurant reviews on this site but am not sure how authentic and genuine they are.

Many Thanks.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

Casa da fonte on the steps over the tunnel to the beach, family run, lovely courtyard set under a lemon tree.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

If you like Indian food, Saffron is just down the hill from your apartment. We had a superb meal there recently, and there's a sea view.

Otherwise, just head down to the Old Town where you'll find lots of great places to eat, from Casa da Fonte and Tres Coroas to Cabana Fresca and many more.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

Top 100 restaurants (TA) listed at www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/ by area ..

Down the hill past the Old Cemetary and cross the road to harbour esplanade ... Castelo do Mar is 200 yards down on your right at the Marina viewpoint .... down to the left past Rossio viewpoint, there are several restaurants along the beach esplanade towards the steps as recommended above. Four or five places from there up Rua 5 October ... and more up towards the main church, Igreja Matriz. There is also a lane beside the Miradouro viewpoint ( next to Boavista) which comes out down the steps at Rocamar Hotel and Peneco beach lift .. but fairly steep.

Edited: 15 June 2014, 11:05
west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

A few of my favs are in no order

Manuel dos frangos- piri piri chicken at its best top of the strip

Casa da avo- bottom of the hill towards old town, great authentic portugese food

O lusitanos- just up from the worms island again great portugese food

Clay oven, lovely indian food between bullring and worms island

I could go on and on but won't as I don't want to bore you

portugal
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

Highly recommend castelo de mar! Beautiful setting, excellent chef! Check them out on trip advisor.. great ratings., reasonably priced.

ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

Many thanks for your kind replies. My mother and father are accompanying my wife and I this summer. We are hoping to bring them to a few of the better restaurants in Albufeira. We are just hoping for good food and a nice experience. It doesnt have to be upmarket, as long as its good thats all that matters.

Cheers.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

Albufeira is a great place to visit. Theres lots of lovely restaurants serving delicious food. Just take a leisurely stroll around the Old Town, Old Town Square and some of the back streets and you will be spoiled for choice. I am sure your wife and mother will just love people watching ! Hope you all have a great time.

8. Re: Restaurant Recommedations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira