We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OC Villas

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
Save Topic
OC Villas

Hi folks. Thinking about booking a villa through OC Villas. Has anyone here used them before or know anything about them, good or bad?

Many thanks, HP

39 replies to this topic
Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OC Villas

Hi

Did you use them? My friend has just booked with them and I'm looking for some feedback

Thanks

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: OC Villas

Hi Stacey

We haven't booked with them yet, though we may do. I'm just a wee bit dubious as I can't seem to find much about them in the way of info. That, and a website that isn't great with poor grammar throughout, well it's just not very professional imo, but having said that we might still go for it.

Let me know how your friend gets on. Cheers, HP.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OC Villas

Never heard of them personally but seems from their website they are situated in the area of Algarve Shopping in Guia, doesn't say much on the about us link on website but the villas/apartments they have in some areas that they have available look Kosher. Maybe a new company, ring them before you book to see if they really do exist and form your own opinion of them. It would nice if they gave the contact of the owner of the villas/apartments advertised in question so you could contact them for further assurance, although saying that that is not always an answer.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,946 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OC Villas

The website is hosted in Faro and is registered to :

Registrant Name: TANIA OLIVEIRA

Registrant Organization: TANIA OLIVEIRA

Registrant Street: PARAISO DOS ALAMOS, MORADIA J, GUIA

Registrant City: ALBUFEIRA

Registrant State/Province:

Registrant Postal Code: 8200-425

Some of their descriptions seem a little economical with the truth, eg one property is described as being in the heart of Albufeira yet 1.5km from the beach, which is somewhat contradictory to my mind. The strip may be 3 minutes away by car but you just try parking there!

My guess is that they are are a local letting agency. I cannot find anything more.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OC Villas

Hi

My friend booked her apartment in encosta da orada via booking.com.

She had to pay a 40% deposit for apartment via PayPal and the remainder is paid in cash on arrival - she has received and email from Tania with the PayPal details and she checked the details from the email and they matched with the website.

She tried to call them today but the office was closed from 12.30 until Monday but she called booking.com and they confirmed the company have been posting on their site for almost 7 months and they hadn't received any complaints from people who had used them.

All sounds ok but she is going to call the office on Monday to discuss further - at least via PayPal she can raise a dispute if anything goes wrong

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OC Villas

BTW Stacey this weekend has been a bank holiday in Portugal so that maybe the reason why OC Villas didn't answer her phone call.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OC Villas

Thanks - I had completely forgotten Friday was a bank holiday.

Saint-Illiers-le-Boi...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OC Villas

Nous avons réservé par oc villas une magnifique villa à Albufeira.....que dire?

A la base rien à dire.....sauf que nous avons eu de la visite dans la nuit du jeudi au vendredi, et avons été dévalisé!tous les sacs à main ont été vidés, CB disparues et télephone portable disparu.....bref le pactole pour les "cambrioleurs"!!oui une belle villa équipée de caméras de surveillance qui ne fonctionnent pas, une alarme qui ne fonctionne pas non plus, zéro volet, et plusieurs pièces dans la maison fermée à clés.....nous étions 11 personnes, et aucune d'entre nous n'a été réveillée, aucune infraction....comment sont ils rentrés?mystère!ils ont pris le temps d'ouvrir les sacs, les portefeuilles, de se servir et de tout remettre en place comme si de rien n'était....drôle de méthode non?Bref, après avoir appelé l'agence pour les informer, ils n'ont rien pu faire pour nous nous disant qu'ils étaient juste intermédiaire entre propriétaire et locataire....et bien sur aucune assurance!!nous n'avons que nos yeux pour pleurer!!

9. Re: OC Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 17:28

10. Re: OC Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 17:28

Reply to: OC Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira