We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

Hi all,

Has anybody stayed at the above apartments or know anybody who has - I am staying there next month and was wondering if the quality of the apts and location are what my brochure says they are ?

Also is it really that hot in August ???

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

I've stayed there twice and my mother and sister stayed there too. We rented different apartments each time, they were fitted out to the same quality, all really good. I think they are in one if the best locations in Albuferia.

They are really quiet but only a few mins walk from the strip if you want to ho there, we usually went to the old town at night, 20min walk up the beach and taxi home for around €5.

It is usually hot in August but often still a nice breeze. There is air con in the bedroom and living room with remote control very handy on a hot night. Great view of the sea from balcony and pool, located on the beach (1/2 mins walk from pool gate).

Full kitchen with washing machine and dryer, big fridge freezer full hob and cooker. Very secure complex, key fob entry we had to pay a €200 refundable deposit for these each time we went, there was never any problem getting money back on our departure day. Unusually for Portugal the beds were really comfortable in the bedroom, kids had sofa bed in livingroom, this was the only reason we didn't go back there this year we wanted a 2bed apartment.

There is an Ali super(market) at the top of the road, 5 mins walk, which is good for daily basics, we usually walked to the modelo on our first and got a big shop and taxi back then used the Ali daily. Beside the alisuper is a cafe called calpito food here is really good and very reasonable there are other restaurants on the same street too.

Mentioned in this post
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

You should see the layout here www.google.com/maps/@37.0852728,-8.2330725,278m/data=!3m1!1e3/

It is behind an ornate gate and driveway after AREIAS VILLAGE and before AURAMAR . Cineasta cafe outside and Cepa Velha (free wifi) just opp Areias, Topazio and Kiss Disco. Also top of the road is HOT SPOT cafe bar.

And there is a new one behind Kiss ... ZOO bar, which has lots of kids stuff ...

Edited: 28 July 2014, 15:39
Mentioned in this post
Auramar Beach Resort
Auramar Beach Resort
3,185 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Cepa Velha
Cepa Velha
283 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Hotel Topazio
Hotel Topazio
818 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,767 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

If it matters, the beach is a few minutes walk down a little track at the end of the road. As Mrs Muddle says, it's a pleasant 15 minute stroll along the beach into the old town.

Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

Excellent thanks all - can't wait now to get back to beautiful Albufeira - 2 weeks of fun in the sun for my family.

Might even give Fat cats another visit - very pleasant welcoming owners there.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

I think the quickest way to fat cats is to walk out the pool gate and go around the Monica Isabel hotel and up the hill on the other side past the MI reception, when you get to the top of the hill go right to the 3 palms roundabout (you can get the tourist train from here now too).

I think Fat Cats is near there. I hope you have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Fat Cat's
Fat Cat's
1,280 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

Cheers Pyrman, Interested in the Zoo bar as i don't think we came accross that last year and the fact that it caters for kids is a big plus....In what way are the kids kept busy in the Zoo bar themn ?

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

You must stand the corner for 5 mins .... there`s only one `c` in across ! Haven`t visited Zoo bar ... my kids are 25 - 38 ... but Jayjan commented on it on this link. Have a nice time ..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1190872-i12450-…

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

These apartments look lovely, how do you go about booking them, are they all privately owned? I would need two 1-beds as I am traveling with my parents. Do you just email the owners separately?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

Yes you email the owners, a lot of the owners know each other well and use the same people to clean/manage their apartments so you should tell them you are looking for 2 apartments they may be able to help you. They are advertised on the usual holiday letting websites.

Another lovely apartment we have stayed in is the Pomba Branca in Olhos de Agua, there are 2 bed apartments so you would only have to rent 1. This is a village about 5km away from the Barracuda in a really nice location but without the views, 400 or so metres from a lovely beach. They are also privately owned.

Mentioned in this post
Olhos de Agua
Olhos de Agua
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quinta Da barracuda Apts.

Algarvebeachapartments.com I went through to book ours - real easy and very helpful.

Just want to get there now.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira