We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Bars - Old Town showing ALL 3pm KOs?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Football Bars - Old Town showing ALL 3pm KOs?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered by other posts, I checked and could not find the answer. Anyway, we travel out for 8 days the Friday before the Premier League season starts. My team (not one of the desirable few) is playing at the good old traditional time of 3pm. Previously, when we have been to Lanzarote for example there are some bars that show all 3pm games.

As I will not have much time when we arrive can anyone tell me a bar (or bars) that will show ALL 3pm games, that way ensuring I will get to see my team?

Fingers crossed,

Warwick

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,686 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football Bars - Old Town showing ALL 3pm KOs?

The Cavern, Rua do MFA, shows 3pm kickoffs via BeIn Sport with English commentary. He can show up to 4 games at once, via assorted satellites, streams and channels but usually only has one with sound. It's a small place and with more than one commentary it gets a bit messy.

Rua do MFA is 2 minutes walk from the square, up the narrow street by the handbag shop oppoite the Bank bar restaurant. Walk up there about 150 yards and it's there at the junction, just off to your left.

Almost every tourist bar down in town has Portuguese TV which also shows the 3pm games (sometimes two at once, on different channels) but usually with sound off as they think the Brits won't want to listen to it in 'foreign' and Sky Sports News blaring out on the other telly.

So, if it is on some channel or other you ought to be ok. Best check beforehand if you can (an excuse for a recce drink) as some games are not broadcast live on any channel that can be picked up here

There are bigger places over at the strip end of town (mile and a half away) that can also show several games at once, but again if no-one is broadcasting it, you are out of luck. I don't know that end of town so best wait to see if anyone can expand on that.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football Bars - Old Town showing ALL 3pm KOs?

Diamond`s Bar on Rua Alex Herculano (between Strip and Est. Sta Eulalia) has at least 6 screens .. Rockline Bar at Pedra dos Bicos roundabout has maybe five. You might also find it in Candido dos Reis .., `Bar Street` .. in Old Town, 100 yards south of the Cavern, when you are checking

3. Re: Football Bars - Old Town showing ALL 3pm KOs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira