We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kirkcaldy, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money

Hi there. I am a single guy heading over with friends and family in September. How much spending money do you reckon would be feasable to live on comfortably for the 2 weeks I will be there?

I was thinking of taking around £850-£900 with me, budgeting around £50 a day for food/drink and the rest as extra just incase. Does that sound like it would be enough? I am staying Self Catering and will be eating out for most meals probably.

Loule, Portugal
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

you should be ok with that. can easily spend less on food and still drink plenty for less than 50 quid then money left over for waterpark etc

Leeds & Albufeira
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

Depends what you eat and drink!

You can get a breakfast for around 3-5 euros, 3 course lunch with a drink for around 10 euros and similar at evening meal if you stick to the tourist menus. Some tourist menus are even cheaper than that! Or you can pay as much as you like in some of the higher end restaurants - and masses of choice in between.

Drink varies from very cheap in the supermarkets ((could be as low as 25c a litre in the offers!), wine from 2 euros a bottle, local spirits 5-7 euros a litre (last time I looked)), In bars and restaurants it will obviously be dearer but not that dear in most places - 1.5 euros for a large beer in happy hours is not that uncommon, 2-3.5 euros in most places.

The Algarve is one of the cheapest places in Europe to holiday - and certainly to eat and drink!

Enjoy your break!

3. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira