We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gloucestershire
Level Contributor
241 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

Struggling to find somewhere to stay in the Algarve, we stayed at Lagos last year and absolutely loved it but would like to try somewhere else but not sure where. We dont want to stay in Alvor as we visited there and although we liked it for the day wouldnt want to stay there. We like things not too British i.e. full of restaurants offering Sunday roasts and English Breakfasts, clubs etc i thought Albufeira was like that so just wondered if there was a quieter part. We tend to rent apartments/villas rather than stay in hotels and we always hire a car.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

I'd recommend Olhos de Agua near Albuferia, loads of rentals on the usual websites. We stayed here in June and really loved it. It's quiet with lovely restaurants and great beach 10 min drive to Albuferia and about 15 mins to Vilamoura. If you don't want to rent a car there are plenty if buses and taxis from the village.

gloucestershire
Level Contributor
241 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

thanks for that Mrs_Muddle great help i was looking at an apartment there x

manchester
Level Contributor
990 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

I would second that.Stayed in Olhos a few times lovely place All of the restaurants are good the beach is small but surrounded by restaurant/bars you can sit there all night We love it.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

West of the Albufeira marina is totally different also (Sesmarias). Some nice coves there also and you can always pop into the Old Town etc if wanted. Your hire car would be an advantage.

But anywhere between Santa Eulalia and Ohlos D'Agua would be a quieter option than the main tourist area.

Even Acoteias, just east of Ohlos D'Agua and joined to be honest could be considered.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,591 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

I live in Páteo, 12 - 15 minutes walk from the old town up on the hill above the marina. There is hardly a traditional Sunday roast or English Breakfast to be seen. Certainly no noisy clubs, just a couple of small bars, plus the odd boy racer or barking dog that you cannot escape anywhere.

Páteo Village apartments is located here. Beauty is you don't need a car to get into town and the beach as many people now know.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
667 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

What actually is the gradient of the hill up to Pateo?

ryde
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

we stayed at pateo in may going back september lovely+quiet but not too far from old town will recomend to everyone also very good value

gloucestershire
Level Contributor
241 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

thanks for everyones help appreciate it x

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,591 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

"What actually is the gradient of the hill up to Pateo?"

It rises 330 feet in just over 1km from the old town centre. I don't know for certain what the steepest bit is, but if you walk the way I usually do, up the steps by the parish church, it must be close to a 50% gradient for a short distance.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a quieter part of Albufeira

We stayed at Vale de carros in Olhos d aqua & really enjoyed it the second time we went to Alburferia.

It is near enough to walk to restaurants & the taxis & local buses are reasonably priced.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira