We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
92 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

Decided on a return to Albuferia next year, we have been a few times before and always got a car for the duration of the holiday. That in mind there has always been a problem one way or another with the company we choose to do business with. We are a family of 5 landing at Faro Airport were would ideally collect vehicle. Any recommendations would be a great help, Thanks in advance

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

I always use Enjoycarehire and get the car from Masterkings. Cheap, fair fuel policy and no issues so far.

I buy the excessive insurance myself for around £2 per day.

Leeds & Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Best advice I can give is to use Economy Car Hire (ECH)(I have no links with them whatsoever but personal experience of using them over several hires), ensure you know the terms and conditions of sale that are on the website, then check direct with the company you choose to see if they can offer a better quote.

Don't use any company that tries to charge for a full tank and return empty. (ECH don't use these companies presently).

We've had hires through ECH with Drive 4 Fun and Luz this year and both have been fine. You do pick up from car park 4 and Luz seem a bit lackadaisical -in that they don't have a damage sheet and don't take a credit card swipe - but it was no hassle whatsoever. Both have a return as you take fuel policy.

If you want to drive into Spain check the T&Cs - some charge for this, others don't.

The Toll policy shoudl also be evident in the T&Cs - unless the authorities realise that it's impact on the area has been really negative and scrap the thing!

Check the vehicle thouroughly for damage and make sure it's logged on the hire sheet. (Luz excepted - although if there was major damage I'd point it out and ask that it was noted).

Take out the glass and tyres insurance offered by the hire company, or, in my opinion, preferably an on line hire car insurance that will cover for tyres, locks, underbody etc, etc. You do have to pay out for any issues but they have a really good reputation for paying out providing you provide receipts.

Relax and enjoy!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
92 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

Thanks newkid ill check them out.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
92 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

Thank you homekey 24 some very useful info.

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

My personal favourite is zit auto, no card swipes really fair and honest company

london
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental

Try travelrent.pt directly . Have used them for years and found them to be great value and no silly add ons

Norfolk
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental

I have booked mine through atlas car hire, and have purchased separate excess insurance.

Good price, and on cashback sites as well - hopefully we'll have a good experience with them as well

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental

Andreus have Atlas told you which company they have allocated to you, just be wary of GOLD CAR in Faro they are a definate no no.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental

Check your fuel policy also along with the toll charges (transponder hire).

Some cheap deals don't turn out to be cheap deals!

That's why I book with Enjoycarhire, they only deal with companies who use a fair fuel policy.

10. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:16