We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Loule, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

My birthday is on the 30th of August and I was wanting to organize a birthday dinner with friends (because there's not much to do here...).

Any suggestions as to where it should be held? I am looking for somewhere in the centre or not too far from the center of Albufeira and at an affordable price, seeing that we are young adults from the ages of 17-21 so we don't have that much money xD

Oh and I'm vegetarian so if you know of anywhere that has at least one vegetarian dish i would appreciate it!

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

i would say Verde minho,

R. Dunfermeline | Loie 16-H, Albufeira, Portugal

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189112-…

its a buffet restaurant thats really cheap, centrally located with really good quality food, including veggie dishes, fish etc etc

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

We have visited Verde Minho when staying at nearby Forte do Vale. Good selection of food. Pick up a plate, select your food, then it is weighed. You pay according to the weight on the plate.

manchester
Level Contributor
990 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

Why not try O Lusitano.It is situated near the worms roundabout and the Pingo Doce supermarket.It is a modern restaurant but with traditional Portuguese food.The owner Pedro and his waiter Carlos are lovely people and cater for special occasions and groups.It is not an expensive restaurant but food is very good and sevice excellent.I am sure Pedro will see to your vegtarian needs.You would need to book for no's etc.

Tel no289592217.

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

O lusitanos is one of my favourite restaurants and pedro Is a great fella, check out my last review, but I think it's cheap others may not hence the Verde Minho tip

manchester
Level Contributor
990 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

James totally agree love Minho Verde we often have lunch the when out walking.I just thought as its a birthday do they might want it a bit special.Just thought when O Manels had the large outside area at the back with the canopy they were very popular with the Portuguese young people's and their birthday do's etc.They do prawns but not all vegies eat fish.I'm sure they will get sorted.

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

Now o manels would be great as you say, not that cheap though, I was staying 3 minute walk away recently and visited 6 times in 21 days, was in Portugal 1.5 hours and was in there for lunch off the plane, suitcases dropped and in

Loule, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I really appreciate them but unfortunately I won't be having a birthday dinner anymore instead I will be going to the cinema with some friends and we will just eat there.

Although I won't be going to any of those places on my birthday, I will try to go to them in the near future and it's thanks to you guys!

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

If your going to the cinema at algarve shopping there's a massive food court with loads of restaurants snack type bars(foods better than a snack bar) try the portugese food instead of boring McDonald's or KFC

Loule, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

I am quite familiar with the food court at Algarve Shopping seeing that I have been going there since the mall opened xD

But thanks for the suggestion! The only problem with "portuguese food" is that they don't really have any vegetarian dishes but that's ok with me

10. Re: Where to have an affordable birthday dinner in Albufeira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira