We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branqueira

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Branqueira

Are there any local bars in Branqueira ? We are staying at Villa Cristiano for 2 weeks from Sept 6th..

Il Vesuvio seems to get really good write ups...

James

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branqueira

I think this was previously O Careca (Greek) and now Italian, just as you go up from the Balaia roundabout.

Not too well known being slightly out of Town. Can you confirm ?

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branqueira

Il vesuvio is a great restaurant and lovely lady owns it, well worth the little walk out of town to it, great food if a little pricey

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Branqueira

There is a local cake shop Cafe/Bar on the corner at the traffic lights in the centre of Branqueira village + Diogo Bar(local Portuguese) just further along. Also O'Vitors Portuguese Restaurant facing the local supermarket. O Favinhas Portuguese restaurant(mainly used by locals & expats) situated just at the rear of Vale Navio urbanisation and the Balaia Atlantico Hotel, going towards Olhos d Agua .

Going in the direction of Albufeira at Quinta Da Balaia (Tiles) roundabout is Il Vesuvio (Italian) is very good. otherwise you need to go into Albufeira or Olhos D Agua, for more bars/restaurants

T/A reviews: on ll Vesuvio tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189112-…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Branqueira

Just found this review on tripadvisor re Villa Cristiano. tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g7759…

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Branqueira

Don't be put off by some of the negative reviews, I've eaten almost everywhere in albufeira and this place is defiantly up there with the best

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
975 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Branqueira

Thanks everyone, we are staying at Qunita da Balaia so this post was really helpful. I'll def try il vesuvio when we are there.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Branqueira

Jayan

I was pleased to see your recommendation for O Favinhas:

O Favinhas Portuguese restaurant(mainly used by locals & expats) situated just at the rear of Vale Navio urbanisation and the Balaia Atlantico Hotel, going towards Olhos d Agua .

I would be interested to know if anyone has any recent feedback on O Favinhas as I cannot find any reviews. I use to own a timeshare at Vale Navio and ate here nearly every night. This was about 25 years ago; the menu was varied with good homemade Portuguese food at very reasonable prices. Although on occasions we had to wait a long time for the food, it was always good and worth the wait. We are staying in Albufeira during the first week of October and would like to take my family to this restaurant and curious to know whether if it is still good value etc and worth a visit given there are plenty of good places on our door step in Albufeira.

Thanks

8. Re: Branqueira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira