We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Albufeira

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Albufeira

Hello,

Me and my partner are flying to Faro and staying in Albufeira in March (like Dorey:)) and our flight is a early flight, so i thought seeing as we arrive around 10am it would be nice to get a bus to Albufeira (if possible) to soak in the scenery and get the feel of the country this being our first visit. Could any one tell me if the is a bus to Albufeira from Faro and how long does this journey take ? Thanks and Regards Pat

P.S. Dorey, enjoy your stay and heres hoping we have good weather.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,870 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Albufeira

There are regular buses from Faro to Albufeira and the cost is less than €5. The fast Transrapido bus takes 45 minutes and the slower local buses between 75 and 90 minutes. Depending on where you are staying the local bus might be better, as it passes through some of the main hotel areas in Albufeira whereas the Transrapido will dump you at the bus station which is nearly a mile from the city centre!

Remember that first you have to get from the airport into Faro town. There is a local bus about every hour and the journey takes 15 minutes or so. At the Faro bus station you must buy your ticket to Albufeira from the ticket office inside.

A taxi from airport to town will cost aroujnd €8

I have a website called www.algarvebus.info where you can find details of times etc.

Given a 10am arrival you should be Ok for the local bus at either 1100am or 1215; there is a gap in the Transrapido service from 0905 until 1230!

The local bus goes through Almancil, Quarteira and Vilamoura; Transrapido uses the motorway.

Hope that helps.

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Wow ! Thank you so much Cubsur for informative and prompt reply. Fantastic !

Due to a after-thougt ive got another question now which i had`nt thought of in my earlier post....is there a train from Faro to Albufeira ?

Once again thank you for your reply.

Regards Pat

Shropshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi Pat,

When in March are you staying? Im staying in Albufeira March 24th

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi Flissyray,

Just discovered this site last week, its a mine of information. Im addicted now.

We arrive on the 28th of March for eight nights and we are soooo looking forward to our first visit to the Algarve.

We were thinking of traveling from Faro to Albufeira by local bus but 90 minutes on a local bus is too long for my partner, hes old and grumpy (ha ha joke !) so i hoped we could get a train. Im not really that bothered how we get to our hotel (Rocamar) as long as i get to see the country side on the way as ive been told it is truly beautiful.

Lets hope we have good weather......fingers crossed Pat :)

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Albufeira

P.S. Flissyray.

Meant to ask if you had been to Albufeira before ?

If so please advise where to eat out.

Cheers Pat

Shropshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your response, we may see one another if your there on the 28th, i fly home on the 31st! we are staying at the Bayside Salgados so it's very exciting. The wait is too much!!!!!

I haven't been to Albufeira but have friends who have, so they have recommended things like the boat trips and hour and a half on a boat which takes you across the islands so you can do some dolphin spotting which is around £25 per person (which seems very reasonable) also the water parks are supposed to be a fantastic attraction (depending on how energetic you maybe feeling!!) if your anything like me ill be situated on the nearest beach lounging in the sun! he he

Definitely have my fingers crossed for some good weather, i think it will be mid 70's which is just perfect.

Hope to speak to you again soon, if not have a lovely Holiday

Best wishes

Fliss

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi again Fliss,

Im glad someone else is as excited as i am to explore new ground(beach,shops,pubs,restuarants ha ha).

I made a miskake concerning the dates, we actually arrive on the 20th and LEAVE on the 28th so we will be in Albufeira at the same time,sharing the same sunshine hopefully.

I too love the beach and looking at some of the pictures and photos of the area we are in for a real treat.

The dolphin boat trip has got to be a must as this is something i have always wanted to do. We normally go to Ibiza Sept time and the last few years dolphins have been spotted off the coast of San Antonio but i havent been lucky enough to see them for myself, friends did and videod them for me but not as good as seeing the real thing eh! Thanks for the info Fliss.

Keep in touch. Best wishes Pat

Shropshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi Pat,

Wow we will be in the same place (it's a small world!!!) Im ways tooo excited. I only booked it the other day i was browsing on teletext and thought i must go away in March!!!! so being an impluse buyer i went ahead and booked it, without making sure i could take time off and without telling the other half!!!!!! Was great to see their faces.

I wonder wherabouts your Hotel is compared to ours?

I definitely think the boat trip out would be absoultely fantastic, it's one of my wishes so to get up close to a dolphin would be fab.

Are there many of you going to Albufeira?

Best wishes

Fliss

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi Fliss

Seems we have a lot in common as i tend to book holidays then tell my partner/boss afterwards too, more fun that way is`nt it !

From what i can tell our hotel is in the `old town` on a cliff over looking the beach. Ive been reading on this site that it has mostly good reviews with one really bad review !!!! According to people (trip advisors) who have stayed at the Rocamar the hotel is fantastic but the evening meal isnt up to much but even if it is as bad as people say then im happy to eat out as we got this so cheap (£155 each flights included)

Ive looked on one map to see if i could see your accomadation but cant seem to find it but i will look again on other maps tomoro when ive more time. Till then take care and adeus.

Pat

P.S. oh its just me and my partner going, we need a break after a crazy christmas with our families.

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport to Albufeira

Hi Patzy,there is a train service leaving from Faro going to Albufeira station but be aware that it is way out of Albufeira the station is located in a village called Ferreiras but for some reason they call it Albufeira station. The train station and the bus station in Faro are next to eachother only 2 minutes walking distance between them.Check www.eva.pt for bus timetables and www.cp.pt for train timetables.Hope this helps:-)