We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Hello All,

Me and My Girlfriend are staying at the Holiday Inn the first two weeks in September and would like a little bit of advice on the area. We are a couple in our Thirties who enjoy walks,restaurants, beaches,coves, late bars rather than clubbing and a bit of live music.

We have Visited Alvor, and Carviero, so this is our 3rd time in the Algarve, I would like to know some good restaurants traditional and others I've heard there is a good grill place nearby?

1)We will be mainly relying on Buses / and Boat trips is there any you would recommend we've heard albufiera is not too far and we would like to probably visit the old part.

2)Also looking at a nice walk to get to other beaches and hidden coves with hidden bars and restaurants with fantastic views also appeal.

3)Any help would be appreciated on the above we have visited Lagos, and Portimao, so probably will take this out of the questions.

Thanks

Carl & Debbie

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,901 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

1. There are buses every day between Armacao de Pera and Albufeira on four different routes. One of them (buses here do not have route numbers!) stops at the edge of the old town, the others go to the main bus station which is a mile from the old town. Bus times www.algarvebus.info/002e.htm

2. The beach at Armacao de Pera is straight, wide and sandy nothing hidden there. You can walk along it for a couple of miles as far as Galé, there are beach restaurants etc for refuelling stops.

If you don't mind bit of walk, a mile and a half or so in the other direction, there is a place literally called 'Hidden Cove' (Cova Redonda) a little way up the coast near the Pestana Viking Hotel at Alporchinos. You can either walk along the clifftop if you can find the path or up the road towards Porches then turn left at the Intermarché supermarket and head into Alporchinos that way. There is a long steep footpath to the hidden cove and nothing there other than water, rock and sand when you get there.

Otherwise the 'hidden' places like Benagil or Praia da Marinha to the west, or the several little beaches east of Galé are almost accessible by bus from A de P. Very long walks would be involved, probably not advisable in 30C + heat. Car almost essential therefore.

The only boat trips from Armacao de Pera are short trips to the caves. Anything longer means making your way to Albufeira marina.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Thank you very much for the information I've printed off the time-tables for the buses from Armacao De pera, good job I did ask as I thought the bus would leave from Holiday Inn.

Wasn't very clear which Bus goes to the old town are we best asking before we get on the bus on this? I also take it we pay on the actual bus as there isn't a terminal in Armacao de Pera is there?

Would you recommend any good bars in Armacao De Pera? traditional little quaint bars if possible.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,901 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

"Wasn't very clear which Bus goes to the old town..."

It's not, as the buses do not have route numbers, they just say Albufeira on the front no matter which way they go.

The ones that stop near the old town are these, that run via Vale de Parra :

0655 Daily, 0820 (not Sundays), 1137 Daily, 1420 (weekdays), 1645 (weekdays), 1745 (weekdays) and 1905 on Saturdays. The nearest bus stop for the old town is the Rua 1 Dezembro, which is just past the narrow road at the Rocamar Hotel by the statue of St Vincent. Ring the bell to get off.

Those coming back via Vale de Parra are the ones that stop near the old town. The bus back stops in a different place because of the one way system. Check my maps or you might want to make your way up to the bus station for all the buses.

You pay on the bus except if boarding at Albufeira bus station, and other bus stations).

I cannot really recommend any bars in A de P as the only one I have been in lately is the Water Dog bar opposite the Holiday Inn, which is a British run place. There are very few British style bars in the town so if you head along the seafront road to the church and turn left there or anywhere after, you will be in the older part.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

HI,

And thank you for this also will start putting this information together on a piece of paper it's 3 weeks to we go so need to be at least a little bit prepared.

I may do the cliff walk as far as it goes I seen a video on You Tube from a guy who did it not sure if there is a map with a footpath as know you did say check your maps out?

There is a Wine we do like in Portugal called Marques Dos Vales, Can't buy it anywhere in the shops you wouldn't happen to know anywhere in the area or a Wine place that may do it, it's a lovely bottle of red.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,901 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

I have never tried that footpath myself although it can be seen on Googlemaps satellite view and I am told it is OK. It runs past a couple of fenced off resort complexes and along the clifftop. My maps only cover Albufeira for the most part. The one I meant concerning the various bus stops is this one

www.algarvebus.info/images/abfcentre.gif

down in the bottom left hand corner are the purple dots marked EVA bus from Galé which are the same as the ones for the bus from A de P via Vale de Parra.

Cannot help with the wine, sorry, but there ought to be decent wine shop somewhere. There is a large Pingo Doce supermarket in Armacao de Pera on the main road not far from the bus stops. They are pretty good on wine.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Diesellad, the wine you mentioned comes from the Algarve. The winery is not far from Armação de Pêra and open for visits:

www.quintadosvales.eu/website/en/index.php…

Newcastle
Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Oh really really happy now about this, where or how do we get to this? Taxi or Bus, you wouldn't also happen to know about trips in the area would you I've been told I will probably need to travel to albufiera for excursions.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

For excursions the companies usually pick people up from all over the region. Once you're here you will see that people are selling excursions. You may even get a good last minute deal. Here are a few website: www.algarve-tours-excursions.com/index.php… and http://followmetours.ondebiz.com/

Have you seen the www.armacaouncovered.com website?

The bus to Portimão passes Estombar. Quinta dos Vales is right on the EN125 road. The bus stops there if I remember that well. You could double check that with Quinta dos Vales.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Hi

Very helpful I will check this website out and the Excursions I did not know about any of this, very helpful so if we get a bus from Armacao De Pera to Portimao that will be our best bet for the Winery, we aren't driving so probably bus or Taxi.

Will check the Excursions out and see how I get on we are going Next Saturday so please I have spoken to you.

Do you know Armacao De Pera Well?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Weeks in Armacao De Pera Need Some Help.

Glad that helped and winery visits are a lot of fun. Especially when you discover your favorite wine comes from it.

I've been to Armação de Pêra a couple of times for a visit, not for a stay.

Get answers to your questions about Armacao de Pera
Recent Conversations