We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centianes beach

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Centianes beach

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone can help me. I am looking at a villa which is described as a 3 minute walk from Centianes beach. I believe the beach is very small. What is it like? Is it a nice sandy beach and will there be any room to move in August???!!! How far is the centre of Carvoeiro and Carvoeiro beach from Centianes? Is it walkable? If not are there any buses. Also in the area of Centianes are there any shops, etc. We are a family whith 2 teenages and are looking for a villa with a private pool but walking distance for the teens (14 & 16) to go out in the resort in the evening without us having to ferry them everywhere! Do not need anything too lively but also not a place where they will be too bored! Thanks for any help.

Mentioned in this post
Carvoeiro
Carvoeiro
Faro District, Portugal
Carvoeiro Beach
Carvoeiro Beach
436 Reviews
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centianes beach

There are some very good pictures of the beach here

www.carvoeiro.com/Beaches/Centianes.htm

where is also tells you is is 2.3km or about a mile and half from Carvoeiro itself. As you can see it's a nice beach reached by a sloping path.

The site carvoeiro.com has maps and a whole lot of useful information about the area.

There is a bus service along the road to and from Carvoeiro itself and Lagoa (and some go through to Portimao) and I have the times here on my website

www.algarvebus.info/031.htm

Centianes is between Vale Covo and Rocha Brava. I can't remember exactly where the bus stop is, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Buses do not run late into the evenings, so your two get a nice walk back (20- 25 minutes) after their evening out.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Carvoeiro
Carvoeiro
Faro District, Portugal
Lagoa
Lagoa
Faro District, Portugal
Portimao
Portimao
Faro District, Portugal
Manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Centianes beach

Centianes is a lovely beach, perhaps 350 metres wide, but not too deep at high tide. Good beach bar/restaurant with full menu, plus a small ice cream hut in season. Sun all day. Sun beds/shades available at a small cost. Toilet facilities. Crowded in August and parking tight, but if you are staying nearby, not a problem. There are some shops and bars nearby (towards Rocha Brava) and a good Italian restaurant on road to town. Centre of Carvoeiro is approx 2 km, but restaurants start about 1 km away, towards town. Huge choice of good restaurants and a few decent bars. Quite liveky in August. Bus service to town and beyond. Carvoeiro town beach is also ok and nearer the action.

Mentioned in this post
Carvoeiro
Carvoeiro
Faro District, Portugal
Ireland
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Centianes beach

I think its a bit of a trek along a road I wouldnt call too safe. There are no footpaths and I wouldnt like my teenagers walking out from town. They would get fed up with it fairly quickly.

I've stayed in Carvoeiro itself and its so handy.

Depending on your price range there is monte Dourada which is a complex with shared pool, but I've stayed in 2 lovely villas

Vila Elizabete(more central)and Castelo do Mar (3 bed but one of the bedrooms accessed from outside!)

Look on www.holiday-rentals.co.uk or www.carvoeiro.com as cubsur recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Carvoeiro
Carvoeiro
Faro District, Portugal
4. Re: Centianes beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Carvoeiro
Recent Conversations