We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Which Carvoeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Hoping someone can advise me on choice of hotels/area in this town!

Currently trying to find a B&B holiday dep. Bham for Algarve on Sat 18th Sept, and a few sites are throwing up hotels in Carvo. Never been to the Algarve before but I love seafood and fishing towns so Carvoeiro seems to fit the bill.

Have found a reasonable package (£385 each) for Solferias Aparthotel, which I think is about a 25-min walk out of town (with steep hill on way back) - is the road safe to walk down & back at night, or a bit dangerous/no pavements? I wouldn't want to be paying for taxis every single night, and I understand the Solferias has no restaurant onsite (but I do want to eat out lots!)

Also found offers for Tivoli and Baia Cristal - these look in a slightly better location, only about 15-mins walk from town, and also have had slightly better reviews. But they're about £100 per person a week more than Solferias.

Any recommendations on the above - is Solferias OK and is the walk not too bad? Or is it worth paying £100 extra to stay at the Tivoli or Baia?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

You could try the Mirachoro praia. We stayed there 2 years ago and are going back in september. The rooms are ok but the restaurent is a bit hit and miss. If you can get a good price on travel republic - say no more than £50 per night b and b it is well worth it (even if you have breakfast elsewhere). The location is right at the top of restaurent hill, so couldn;t be better.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Still dithering over booking a hol to Carvo - can't seem to find any other reasonable packages to the Algarve to a town like Carvo (i.e. not just a resort in the middle of nowhere) from Birmingham airport, so still thinking of either the Tivoli, Baia Cristal or Solferias as at least they're near the beach. Would be going B&B so want somewhere with decent breakfast but not bothered about the evening meal. Anyone else got advice or experience of these hotels and their location?

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Thanks Essexfamily for the info - had looked at this hotel, but I do want somewhere I can have breakfast (will be eating out for lunch & dinner) and was hoping for somewhere near the sea. Read a few dodgy reviews of the Mirachoro on this site so wasn't sure it would be the best bet. I definitely want to book a package so my airport transfers etc. are all included and I have less to worry about on this particular holiday! But thanks for the info anyway.

Edited: 26 August 2010, 12:56
N. Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Hi

Highly recommend Tivoli Carvoeiro. Stayed there late July.5 mins to restaurants and about 10 mins to centre and local beach. Rooms with seaview have beautiful view, well worth the extra ( yeego have double seaview for £567 that week if you decide to travel independently) Try resorthoppa for transfers, left my daughter right ot hotel .Great facilities and towels provided for pool , gym etc.Breakfast will keep you going all day and besides there is a fridge in room where you can store own drinks/ snacks.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Great, that's very helpful. Hopefully getting something booked on Monday, sounds like location-wise the Tivoli area would be grand.

Chester
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

Hi,

You mentioned you love seafood, have you tried Alvor Resort. It is a fabulous Resort (Fishing Village). We have just returned from Alvor and I would thoroughly recommend it especially if you love seafood. Lots of lovely Restaurants down towards the Harbour and at reasonable prices too.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

We've actually now booked for Rhodes, but I'm still interested in looking at the Algarve for next year. Where did you stay in Alvor, and what was it like? I'll add it to my list of places to consider for next year as I like what you've described!

8. Re: Choice of hotel - eastern Carvo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 06:23