We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best car hire airport collection

Which Carvoeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Best car hire airport collection

We've booked a villa for Easter and would be grateful if someone could recommend a reliable & reasonable company to hire a car from. Got stung in Spain last year despite reading the terms & conditions.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best car hire airport collection

I always use Drive4Fun. They have always been totally straight to deal with and there are no hidden extras or unfair fuel policies.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
284 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best car hire airport collection

Travel Rent, have used them for many years, they are also based at the airport, so no hopping onto mini buses to get to where you collect and drop off etc. They have a fair fuel use too. Can't fault them and they even ask for details of your driving licence before you arrive so that they can have all the paper work ready so not eating into your holiday by being delayed with it.

london
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best car hire airport collection

Would agree with Travelrent as we have used them for several years without problems .

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best car hire airport collection

Thank you for the info. I'll have a look at both.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best car hire airport collection

Hi

Is TravelRent this one www.travelrent.pt/index.php… ?

I do not see any prices post 2012 on that website..

How have you requested quotes?

Thanks!

Tina

Belfast
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best car hire airport collection

We travel on Monday and have booked Zitauto as there were numerous positive reviews online and when I emailed them for a quote- the price was brilliant. There's a lot on here about the terrible experiences people have had with some of the rental companies at Faro Airport- worth looking at those x

7. Re: Best car hire airport collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:15